Regardless of what is going on in your market, you have to keep business moving as much as possible to avoid disruption - and this may require specific talent. When hiring a permanent employee, it’s inevitable that you will spend a fair amount of time deciding who’s right for the job. But sometimes (like when your business is in a period of recovery) you need specific talent to start as soon as possible. The best way to secure that specific talent at a quick turnaround? By hiring highly-skilled, agile contractors.
Whether organisations are trying to find specific skills to help formulate a recovery plan, or increasing their headcount to help with a surge in demand for products/services, or even preparing for upcoming, business critical projects, companies always need to hire.
In recent months, the most prolific recruitment trend has been around companies engaging with recruitment agencies in order to hire short term, flexible resources who can help them be more agile in their specific situation.
Contracting remains the prevalent and flexible solution to resourcing during a volatile time
What is contracting and is a contract workforce the right choice for your business?
Temporary or contract jobs are typically positions that are required for a set period of time. As an employer, you may look towards the contracting market when:
- You require individuals with specific skills for important projects
- You are looking to optimise growth so need expert abilities
- You are seeking an immediate solution where there has been a sudden departure
- You require additional cover for busy periods
- You need cover for maternity leave or absences
The most business-critical processes must come first, but they may require extra headcount or additional skills that existing employees do not possess. Many hiring organisations are finding that contract professionals are the best way of meeting their current needs.
A significant consideration on this is how to implement aspects of your business continuity plans, whether that is from an IT, finance, tax, risk, governance, transformation, HR or administration perspective. There are contractors out there who possess the right skill sets that will help you ensure continuity and longevity. When the rebound occurs in your sector, you will have the right talent ready to help you prosper!
Engage with a (remote) contractor who has the niche skills and experiences to aid your situation
There is a good chance that there will be contract talent available in your market at the moment seeing as most workers are employed in either temporary or part-time jobs globally. Could you make use of current conditions to ease your talent sourcing problems and maintain a relatively normal operating rhythm?
The benefits of hiring contractors
Businesses should engage with specialist recruiters, so that roles can be filled quickly and by the right person. Beyond being the right decision for meeting your current needs, the benefits of hiring contractors through a contract recruitment agency are vast:
- Fast turnaround - contractors can often begin immediately, have specialist expertise meaning they require little-to-no training and are not subject to time-consuming employment laws. Our recruitment consultants know who is available and would be best suited to your requirements.
- Easy for your teams - if hired through an agency like Morgan McKinley, all the payroll demands and costs are managed, meaning less work for your finance department. Our team will manage the journey for you and your temp or contractor - everything from onboarding to offboarding, and all that’s in-between.
- Efficient processes - all necessary paperwork and background checks for contractors are completed, checked and saved efficiently by our onboarding team. You can also be assured data is being stored in the correct manner.
- Agile and adaptable - by their very nature, contractors are agile and adaptable having worked in various locations day-to-day, so are well practiced in the art of remote working and hitting the ground running. This will help your organisation adjust more easily and quickly.
- Cost effective - there are no additional hidden costs; the daily rate is all inclusive. Given the various savings you can benefit from, it’s likely that hiring a remote contractor will work out as less costly than a permanent employee.
- Valuable addition of quality to teams - contractors always have to work to strict deadlines so have the perfect blend of strategic, tactical and technical skills to quickly turn things around.
- Greater diversity - take advantage of your ability to work remotely as an organisation: you can source talented contractors from further afield, meaning your target talent pool is much wider and there will be greater diversity of individuals in your search!
Whilst Morgan McKinley isn’t exclusively a contract recruitment agency, we have the resources and capacity you would expect from a top-class temp agency. The attention and level of onboarding every new contractor receives when they are placed through us lends to minimal stress and an enjoyable experience, meaning the process is just as smooth for the business hiring them.
By hiring top-quality contractors to help keep your business functioning wherever and however possible, you will be putting yourself in a better position to rebound fastest.