Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of questions that we are asked from time to time. If your question is not answered here, please contact your Morgan McKinley Consultant.
- When do I get paid?
- Contractors are paid monthly by Morgan McKinley (1 week after submitting approved timesheet). If you are employed on a fixed term contract, it is most likely you will be paid a monthly pro-rata salary, direct from our client.
- What do I do when my assignment ends?
- When the client confirms the finish date of your assignment let your consultant know as soon as possible. In addition please advise us of any change in your assignment details (e.g. change of supervisor/ department).
- I am a Singaporean/ Singapore PR. How much CPF am I entitled to?
- This depends on your age and PR status - please view the Central Provident Funds website.
You will also contribute to Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and SHARE Donations, unless you opt out of it.
- I am a foreigner. Will I need a work visa to work in Singapore?
- It’s vital you have the right work pass for Singapore. Once employment is secure, Morgan McKinley will advise you and apply for the work pass accordingly.
- My work visa has expired, what can I do?
- You need to think about what you want to do well in advance of your work visa expiring as once this has happened you are no longer eligible to work in Singapore. Please contact your recruitment consultant at least two months before your work visa expires.
- How do I report a workplace injury or hazard?
- All work-related injuries and incidents, no matter how minor, must be reported to both Morgan McKinley and your supervisor as soon as possible.
A hazard is any source of harm or potential harm to a person or to property/equipment. Should you identify a hazard in your workplace which you are unable to safely resolve yourself, report it to your supervisor.
- How long will my assignment last?
- The length of your assignment will be agreed between your Morgan McKinley consultant and the employer before you start. It is common for assignments to be continually extended depending on the type of work you are doing. Don't be put off by an initial short-term role, it could last much longer!
- How do I pay my tax?
- For information on tax matters in Singapore, visit www.iras.gov.sg
Any Other Questions?
Contact the Morgan McKinley Contract Team if you have any other questions about temporary or contract work.
Adriel (Senior Consultant, Morgan McKinley) is very friendly, professional and responsive in filling a position in my team. He was able to understand my needs intuitively and sent across quality candidates with a range of selection. I would go to him again for future recruitment needs and recommend his services
Finance Director | Ipsen Pharma Singapore Pte. Ltd.
We have been collaborating with Morgan McKinley since Summer 2018, when we needed to onboard a significant amount of contingent workforce in one week.
They have turned out to be very supportive and good to work with over time despite some difficult situations. We have developed a good working relationship with Morgan McKinley and they have proved a reliable partner for managing, administering and paying their Staff working on our Site, ensuring care of their motivation as well.
Human Relations Business Partner | Mylan Respiratory
We have been engaged with Morgan McKinley to hire a specialised senior leadership team for our company in Singapore. Having worked with other recruiters in different parts of the world we were instantly impressed by their specialist recruitment model and the calibre of the professionals who work for Morgan McKinley.
With our very niche and specialised requirements, the Morgan McKinley team instantly demonstrated their strength as a specialist recruiter and exceptional knowledge of and network in the industry. Their creative thinking and positive can-do attitude put us at ease while working with them and we could completely rely on them whilst we worked through some very tight deadlines. Their commitment to fill the roles was clearly demonstrated as they were able to deliver in time with high quality and integrity.
They not only qualified candidates based on the skills but also qualified them from a cultural fitments perspective. Morgan McKinley kept us in constant communication on the progress of the search and advised us of challenges, possible solutions and approaches to address those challenges. As a client this gives us immense confidence in our partner and working with Morgan McKinley has been an absolute pleasure.
The entire experience with Morgan McKinley has been very positive and we will certainly work with them again in the future. We are confident to recommend them in the areas of their specialisation and wish them success.
Executive Vice President | Global Tech Company
I have worked closely with Morgan McKinley on a couple of senior level searches, MD level regional Head roles. I found that the Morgan McKinley team genuinely understands the IB market, are well networked and have plenty of tips and market expertise to share. They took the time to understand exactly what I was looking for, provided a strong steer on the candidate pool and proactively sponsored the Deutsche Bank brand with candidates. Throughout the search the team stayed in touch and helped advise on all phases of the process. I would gladly recommend Morgan McKinley to any banks looking to hire and to banking professionals looking for a new challenge. It was a positive experience.
APAC HR Business Partner | Global European Investment Bank and Financial Services Company
I have worked with Morgan McKinley for both Operations and Technology mandates. I found that their market reach, industry networks, and candidate pool is fantastic. Their ability to understand the requirements and then tailor their search according to the specific requirements, is truly appreciated. Morgan McKinley has been able to build a great partnership with us by understanding what the Bank looks for in candidates and that helps me immensely in finding the right candidate for roles at the Bank
Tech, Ops, Control function | Global American Investment Bank