Sample Java Developer Job Description
Who We Are
At Morgan McKinley, we never lose sight of the role we play connecting talent with opportunities to solve the problems of today and tomorrow. Every individual in our business strives to go beyond for our clients and candidates to provide expert advice and become the trusted partner of choice.
Wherever you work in our business, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to continuously improve our service and deliver real value to our customers.
Together we go beyond.
We help organisations build their talent capability. Connecting people with opportunities.
Improving lives - Our People. Our Clients. Our Candidates.
- Always embracing change
- Always committed
- Always communicating
- Always building trust
In this role as a Java Developer, you will be a part of talented software team working on mission-critical applications. You will be building, designing and developing Java applications as well as coordinating with the team on different layers of the infrastructure.
In this role, you will be part of the Web Development team and directly reporting to the Technology Lead.
- Developing and delivering in-house developed solutions
- Writing well-designed, testable and efficient code
- Designing and developing user interfaces
- Completing applications development by managing requirements, schedules and activities
- Ensuring design is compliant with specifications
- Using SDLC and Agile Methodologies
- Contributing to a full solution delivery lifecycle
- Preparing and producing releases of software components
- Supporting continuous improvement by researching alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of Java applications
- Maintaining code quality, organisation and automisation
- Ensuring adequate quality processes are set in place
- Integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting
- Experience building and maintaining new and existing applications using Java, object-oriented software analysis and design
- Experience with AWS
- Min. 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience testing utilising JUnit
- Demonstrated experience using Ajax, JQuery, Oracle, Apache Web Server
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Postgraduate tertiary qualifications in Engineering, computer science or equivalent
Hiring a Java Developer?
Our specialised recruitment teams are drawing on over 30 years’ experience in finding the right candidates for your industry. We pre-screen and meet with candidates before matching them with your business so that you are presented with only the best of the best to choose from.Find Talent