Preparing for your interview
Prepare, Review, Evaluate, Perfect (PREP)
Morgan McKinley Technology has developed a tailored approach to preparing you for interview with clients – whether the interview is arranged through us or even through another recruitment company, we are happy to help.
This is What We call Morgan McKinley PREP
A PREP is generally done face to face between you and your consultant in advance of your client interview. PREP is critical to the success of your interview and we advise all candidates to avail of this service. During PREP we share the types of questions that a particular employer may ask as well as insights into individual hiring manager requirements. Every employer will have a different interview approach and the more you are prepared the better the likely outcome.
PREP is truly bespoke to you and your upcoming interview and will give you the confidence and knowledge to go into your interview better prepared, which means you will be more likely to secure the job.
Your consultant will tell you more about PREP when they meet with you. Even if you secure an interview through another recruitment company, please contact us for a PREP. It is part of our commitment to you as part of the Career Ally programme.
Compliance in your interest
Finding you a new role will often require us to follow compliance procedures. Throughout the compliance process the Morgan McKinley Compliance Team will ensure you are kept as up-to-date as possible at all stages and that the process runs smoothly.
Every organisation has different compliance requirements depending on their size, industry and the type of role we secure for you. Your consultant and our Compliance Team will guide you through what is required but you will often be expected to provide some or all of the following items with supporting documentation.
Documents that may be requested:
- Proof of highest completed education e.g. degree certificate
- Proof of professional qualification e.g. professional body certificate
- Readily available reference details
- Proof of earnings over the last three years
- Supporting documentation for your employment history
Knowledge gives you the edge
Technology recruitment insights help you to go beyond in your career.
- Recruitment Updates: These reports detail recent recruitment activity into who is hiring, the types of roles and skills that are in demand and why.
- Success Series webinars: We invite talented industry professionals across a wealth of different topics to run global webinars on a regular basis.
- High profile speaker and networking events: Across our global network, we regularly run high profile speaker events, panel events with industry figures, journalists and other experts, open evenings and many more. These key speakers deliver advice on topics relevant to successful career building.
- Career advice articles and blogs: Largely written by our consultants or key guest bloggers, we cover a wide range of career advice topics from crafting your CV to the first day in your new role.
Kobo have extremely high technical standards when it comes to their people. Morgan McKinley have been exceptional in the delivery of candidates from the outset. Their commitment, attention to detail and their ability to source and attract the best candidates in an extremely competitive market has been very impressive. I would have no hesitation in recommending Morgan McKinley to anyone who is looking to source high quality candidates in the technology sector.Read More
IT Director - Kobo | E reading Tech Company, Toronto
We partnered with Ian and Morgan McKinley Technology to help us fill our Director of Engineering positions at Freshbooks. In a tight market, they were always reliable in finding us very strong technical leader candidates who also fit our culture. Ian and his team have become my go-to recruitment partners.Read More
VP Engineering -Freshbooks | SAAS Tech Company, Toronto