Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of questions that we are asked from time to time. If your question is not answered here, please contact your Morgan McKinley consultant.
- I am new to online timesheets, what do I do?
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your User ID and Unique Reference for our timesheet system Gateway. If it's your first time logging in, you will need to create a new username and password. You will be requested to update your details the first time you log in, so please have these to hand. Once you've filled out the timesheet for the week, the system will automatically prompt your manager to log into their account and approve your hours - Please note, some clients have their own internal timesheet system but you will be advised if this is the case during your onboarding
- I am not sure where to find my user ID
- Your user ID will be in the email you receive however if you haven’t gotten this, just let the Contractor Experience team know and they can reset
- I forgot my password, how do I log in?
- There is a ‘Forgot Password’ option on the Gateway website however if you’re ever having any difficulty, just get in touch with Contractor Experience
- When do I get paid?
- As a temporary or interim worker you can be paid either by PAYE (Pay As You Earn) or via your own Limited company on an hourly or daily basis. If you are PAYE you are paid weekly in arrears and if you are paid via your own Limited company you have 21 day payment terms - please note these payment terms are based on ensuring you meet the weekly payroll deadline (close of business on Mondays). If you are employed on a fixed term contract, it is most likely you will be paid a monthly pro-rata salary, direct from our client
- My approver is away on holidays - how will my timesheet get approved?
- If your approver is ever on holidays or out of the office, just let us know as soon as possible and we can set up a delegate timesheet approver
- I missed the payroll deadline - what happens now?
- In the event you miss the weekly payroll deadline, this will just mean your payment will be delayed by a week - so you will receive two weeks pay the following week
- What is the telephone number for payroll?
- Whether you are working in the financial services sector or in commerce & industry, taxation, professional services or public sector/not-for-profit, please call 0207 092 0298
- What is my paid holiday entitlement? (PAYE only)
- The Working Time Regulations state that temporary employees are entitled to 28 days of paid annual leave per year (inclusive of Public Holidays), which can be taken as holiday. Once you start an assignment through Morgan McKinley, you begin to accrue holiday hours on a weekly basis. Whenever you require time off work, you should discuss your request with your manager on site and once approved, let the Contractor Experience team know so they can be logged. They will advise if you have accrued enough holiday entitlement to warrant time off work and log for the holiday hours to be released in your payment.
- As a temporary worker, do I receive sick pay?
- PAYE workers are also entitled to statutory sick pay (after 3 consecutive days sick leave). To find out more about sick pay, our Contractor Experience team are on hand to assist
- How long will my assignment last?
- The length of your assignment will be initially agreed between your Morgan McKinley consultant and the company you are working with, before you start. It is common for assignments to be extended, and sometimes extended more than once, depending on the type of work you are doing, changes within a Company and the skills you have. Don't be put off by an initial short term role, it could last much longer!
Any Other Questions?
If you are a current contractor on assignment, please email email@example.com with any questions you may have
I would like to recognise Morgan McKinley for the great service offered in the last couple of years. I am impressed by their professionalism, the ability to select the right candidates specific to our needs as well as the outstanding service attitude. Morgan McKinley consistently follows up with the hiring managers and the candidates in order to close any gaps while satisfying the needs from both ends. Both the managers and the candidates find it a very pleasant experience in the recruitment process. I look forward to working with your company to fulfill our recruitment needs in coming years. Thank you.Read More
Assistant Vice President | Manulife International Limited
I have worked with Morgan McKinley’s Accounting and Finance recruitment team for 7+ years and I can say that they are the best recruiters that I have worked with in my 20 year career. I will rarely engage other recruiters because I know they have their clients’ best interests at heart.Read More
VP of Finance | Blackhawk
The candidates provided by Morgan McKinley for positions within IT and Business Transformation are always excellent. In addition to finding candidates who are technical, extremely competent they look outside Australia for the relatively scarce competency that I need. Our consultant has taken the time to get to know both myself and the organisation I work for. They have grasped our culture and only send candidates who will be a good fit. This considerably reduces the cycle time to fill placements, and reduces the effort required on my part to do so.Read More
Head of Process Excellence | Vodafone
Morgan McKinley focus on understanding us, our requirements and our culture. Genesis Automation work with various members of the Morgan McKinley team and each member goes above and beyond to deliver high quality candidates and are always professional and pleasant to deal with’Read More
HR Manager | Genesis Automation
We’ve recently partnered with Morgan McKinley as part of our preferred suppliers and have found the service provided so far to be excellent. For me, one of the key characteristics to any successful partnership is communication and we’ve found them extremely proactive and helpful in helping us to recruit some strong people that fit with our culture and make up of our organisation. Regardless of what consultant you deal with, they all provide a sense of urgency and professionalism in looking after our requirements. I look forward to working with them in the futureRead More
HR Business Partner | UDGHealthcare
Working with Morgan McKinley is exactly what you want as a hiring manager. They take the time to truly understand what you're looking for in a candidate and only put people forward who are relevant, qualified and interested in the opportunity at hand. They are the only agency I've ever engaged with where I've hired the very first candidate they've put forward. I highly recommend working with Morgan McKinley for your recruitment needsRead More
Co-Founder | Workvivo
Recruiting staff can be a time consuming and arduous process. Morgan McKinley and our dealings with their consultant were refreshing and showed a more professional and structured approach to finding the right candidate. Their attention to detail was not just ensuring candidates have the required skill sets but also ensuring a candidates personality would fit well within our firm and office. I would warmly recommend Morgan McKinley to firms recruiting technologists in the finance sector.Read More
Technology Group | Asia Pacific
Morgan McKinley’s Accounting and Finance team has been a valuable recruitment partner. I found their insights around the market in terms of skills in finance and what other companies are doing in certain roles and structures in finance to be very useful and helpful in putting the competency skills set for different roles.Read More
Head of Finance | McDonald's