Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of questions that we are asked from time to time. If your question is not answered here, please contact your Morgan McKinley consultant.
- I am new to online timesheets, what do I do?
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with your User ID and Unique Reference for our timesheet system Gateway. If it's your first time logging in, you will need to create a new username and password. You will be requested to update your details the first time you log in, so please have these to hand. Once you've filled out the timesheet for the week, the system will automatically prompt your manager to log into their account and approve your hours - Please note, some clients have their own internal timesheet system but you will be advised if this is the case during your onboarding
- I am not sure where to find my user ID
- Your user ID will be in the email you receive however if you haven’t gotten this, just let the Contractor Experience team know and they can reset
- I forgot my password, how do I log in?
- There is a ‘Forgot Password’ option on the Gateway website however if you’re ever having any difficulty, just get in touch with Contractor Experience
- When do I get paid?
- As a temporary or interim worker you can be paid either by PAYE (Pay As You Earn) or via your own Limited company on an hourly or daily basis. If you are PAYE you are paid weekly in arrears and if you are paid via your own Limited company you have 21 day payment terms - please note these payment terms are based on ensuring you meet the weekly payroll deadline (close of business on Mondays). If you are employed on a fixed term contract, it is most likely you will be paid a monthly pro-rata salary, direct from our client
- My approver is away on holidays - how will my timesheet get approved?
- If your approver is ever on holidays or out of the office, just let us know as soon as possible and we can set up a delegate timesheet approver
- I missed the payroll deadline - what happens now?
- In the event you miss the weekly payroll deadline, this will just mean your payment will be delayed by a week - so you will receive two weeks pay the following week
- What is the telephone number for payroll?
- Whether you are working in the financial services sector or in commerce & industry, taxation, professional services or public sector/not-for-profit, please call 0207 092 0298
- What is my paid holiday entitlement? (PAYE only)
- The Working Time Regulations state that temporary employees are entitled to 28 days of paid annual leave per year (inclusive of Public Holidays), which can be taken as holiday. Once you start an assignment through Morgan McKinley, you begin to accrue holiday hours on a weekly basis. Whenever you require time off work, you should discuss your request with your manager on site and once approved, let the Contractor Experience team know so they can be logged. They will advise if you have accrued enough holiday entitlement to warrant time off work and log for the holiday hours to be released in your payment.
- As a temporary worker, do I receive sick pay?
- PAYE workers are also entitled to statutory sick pay (after 3 consecutive days sick leave). To find out more about sick pay, our Contractor Experience team are on hand to assist
- How long will my assignment last?
- The length of your assignment will be initially agreed between your Morgan McKinley consultant and the company you are working with, before you start. It is common for assignments to be extended, and sometimes extended more than once, depending on the type of work you are doing, changes within a Company and the skills you have. Don't be put off by an initial short term role, it could last much longer!
Any Other Questions?
If you are a current contractor on assignment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have