Being a ‘temp’ is the preferred way for many people to pursue their career and has a long and established global history as a way for companies to recruit.
We provide our temps with access to assignments in Ireland’s leading employers, comprehensive advice on career & compensation, updates on market trends and the opportunity to work closely with our market leading teams of consultants.
Why choose to be a Morgan McKinley temp?
Being a Morgan McKinley temp is a positive option for many individuals at certain points in their career, such as:
- When you want to change career path, industry or company, being an temp can help you gain experience in a new role or sector
- If you have experienced a career break such as when travelling
- If you want to work in the holidays while studying
- If you want to learn new skills or meet new people to expand your networking opportunities
- If you want more flexibility in your work to suit your personal life
- When you are looking for your next permanent position
- Being an Associate can often provide you with a professional edge and a wide range of skill sets only possible to achieve in the varied world of flexible working.
We compiled a list of frequently asked questions that you may find useful.
Why companies hire Morgan McKinley temps
Our temps are a key asset to companies and organisations throughout Ireland providing them with:
- Fixed period access to skills as and when required
- Cover for maternity leave or absences
- Additional cover for particularly busy periods of business
- The opportunity to gauge a candidate's potential suitability for a permanent position
Information for Morgan McKinley temps
We work with some of the largest and most professional companies in ireland. These companies continue to do business with us because of the service they receive. It is therefore important when working on an assignment that you remember the following:
- Commitment – When you work as a Morgan McKinley temp you become part of our client’s team and are therefore expected to make the same level of commitment that their permanent team do. Whether that be starting or finishing on time , the hours you work each week or getting approval before you take any time off (including holiday) it is important that you become an integral part of the team.
- Dress Code - Be mindful of the environment that you will be working in and ensure you dress appropriately. Check with your consultant as to what is expected of you.
- Flexibility - In some cases, flexibility with regard to your duties will be expected. Bear this in mind and be prepared to go the extra mile for the client. Both the client and Morgan McKinley will appreciate your dedication and you will be paid for all agreed additional hours that you work.
- Confidentiality - All information that becomes available to temporary staff during the course of an assignment must remain confidential.
- Our Guarantee - When we places you in an assignment, we guarantee to our client that you will be professional, have the necessary skill set for the role and will be focused and dedicated to your job. Similarly when we place you in an assignment, we guarantee competitive rates, a role that will be matched to your experience and expertise, and a team of consultants who will be available to help you with any query during the course of your assignment.
Register to become a Morgan McKinley Associate
Contact Morgan McKinley to arrange an interview with one of our consultants in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Waterford or Kilkenny and bring along your CV, ID, PPS number and bank details.
I contacted MMK Executive to help me replace myself as Chief Executive for my organisation. Throughout the process, the search team and Simon Ganter, in particular, were incredibly helpful. Simon listened to my brief, asked insightful questions and sourced candidates who exceeded our expectations. Our new Chief Executive is now successfully onboarded and has made an immediate impact. I never expected to find the quality of candidate that we have and I would have no hesitation in recommending MMK Executive.Read More
Chairman | Further Learning Group
We partnered with MMK Executive on a vital leadership role for our business. Simon and his research team took an in-depth brief and managed a really transparent and efficient search process. Within a number of weeks, we had a diverse and capable shortlist. Our new hire has been a fantastic addition to the Bosch Siemens business and we won't hesitate to engage MMK Executive again in the futureRead More
Director | Bosch
I have just completed the process of finding a new CEO for a large Irish Charity. MMK won the contract over two other agencies as their proposal was impressive and cost effective. We were not disappointed. The process started just before lockdown but despite the obstacles it threw up MMK were right by our side finding solutions. Simon and Catherine worked hard finding suitable candidates for interview. MMK was a dream to work with, Catherine was so proactive, professional, pleasant to deal with, nothing was a difficulty and she was always available. I enjoyed working with her so much and hope I get the opportunity to do so again. I can’t recommend MMK Executive for recruitment needs highly enough.Read More
Board Member/Hiring Committee | LauraLynn Children’s Hospice
Having recently partnered with MMK Executive on three C-Suite roles, I cannot recommend their search offering highly enough. Their ability to translate your vision of a role into a meaningful candidate search is second to none. Their efforts resulted in a project turnaround time that far outperformed our expectations and the acquisition of some great employees that will make a hugely positive impact on our business. Any organisation with a requirement to source great senior talent should make MMK Executive their first port of call.Read More
CHRO | Creditsafe
We recently employed the services of MMK Executive for a senior role within our Sales organisation. I was extremely impressed with the overall service in terms of the transparency of the process, commitment to agreed timelines, the dedication of the team and most importantly the calibre of the candidate pool. Although we have a Talent Acquisition department, I am encouraged from this experience to make room in the budget to work with MMK Executive again for key senior roles. They are a great addition to the market and make the time-consuming task of recruitment seem so easy.Read More
HR Manager | Equinix EMEA
Simon and his Research Team took the trouble to come out and meet us when we engaged them on a key senior leadership role for our new commercial venture. It was obvious that they had prepared themselves well and fully understood what we were looking for. They then went through more than 200+ proactively sourced candidates on our behalf and presented a strong shortlist of 4 or 5 candidates whom we interviewed. All of this was done over the course of just 3 weeks and we had an update call every Friday. The candidates presented were very good and came to the interview very well briefed. After the first round, we identified an extremely impressive candidate whom we ultimately offered the position to. Upon offer, Simon played an integral role as a broker between the successful candidate and us. I am absolutely sure that without Simons expertise, we would not have managed to get our chosen candidate across the line.Read More
CFO | UCD
The candidates provided by Morgan McKinley for positions within IT and Business Transformation are always excellent. In addition to finding candidates who are technical, extremely competent they look outside Australia for the relatively scarce competency that I need. Our consultant has taken the time to get to know both myself and the organisation I work for. They have grasped our culture and only send candidates who will be a good fit. This considerably reduces the cycle time to fill placements, and reduces the effort required on my part to do so.Read More
Head of Process Excellence | Vodafone
Morgan McKinley focus on understanding us, our requirements and our culture. Genesis Automation work with various members of the Morgan McKinley team and each member goes above and beyond to deliver high quality candidates and are always professional and pleasant to deal with’Read More
HR Manager | Genesis Automation
We’ve recently partnered with Morgan McKinley as part of our preferred suppliers and have found the service provided so far to be excellent. For me, one of the key characteristics to any successful partnership is communication and we’ve found them extremely proactive and helpful in helping us to recruit some strong people that fit with our culture and make up of our organisation. Regardless of what consultant you deal with, they all provide a sense of urgency and professionalism in looking after our requirements. I look forward to working with them in the futureRead More
HR Business Partner | UDGHealthcare
Working with Morgan McKinley is exactly what you want as a hiring manager. They take the time to truly understand what you're looking for in a candidate and only put people forward who are relevant, qualified and interested in the opportunity at hand. They are the only agency I've ever engaged with where I've hired the very first candidate they've put forward. I highly recommend working with Morgan McKinley for your recruitment needsRead More
Co-Founder | Workvivo