Sample DevOps Engineer Job Description
Who We Are
At Morgan McKinley, we never lose sight of the role we play connecting talent with opportunities to solve the problems of today and tomorrow. Every individual in our business strives to go beyond for our clients and candidates to provide expert advice and become the trusted partner of choice.
Wherever you work in our business, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to continuously improve our service and deliver real value to our customers.
Together we go beyond.
We help organisations build their talent capability. Connecting people with opportunities.
Improving lives - Our People. Our Clients. Our Candidates.
- Always embracing change
- Always committed
- Always communicating
- Always building trust
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for a suite of customer service applications by defining the technical architecture for the platform.
You will be working in our iteration team reporting to the Head of DevOps.
- Working with development teams optimising application delivery
- Participating in design, planning and implementation of new or changing IaaS & PaaS strategies
- Evaluating DevSecOps strategies and architecture enhancements to meet objectives
- Building, deploying and managing web applications for cloud and various systems in the network
- Influencing and leading design efforts for the most secure and scalable environments which will satisfy both operational and product needs according to corporate guidelines
- Creating architecture and solution design documents to share with internal and external stakeholders and staff members
- Closely working with the development team to provide scalable and reliable services
- Contributing as technical resource on customer projects
- Using deployment strategies to support agile development processes
- Collaborating and effectively communicating with the Development team, Vendors and IT operations
- Min. 5+ years working in a similar role
- Strong understanding of cloud services provided by AWS
- Experience using version control software, such as Subversion, Git would be beneficial
- Expert knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- Good database knowledge (RDBMS: MS SQL Server, NoSQL: DynamoDB, Elasticsearch)
- .NET – Experience building or managing automated builds for .NET 4.6 and .NET Core 2 applications
- Experience with Team City, Jenkins or other on premise build systems building .NET and Node applications.
- Linux System Administration and bash scripting experience
- IOS and/or Android experience, particularly around building and packaging apps (ipa/apk files) and certificate management
- Experience configuring and optimising web application platforms, particularly Linux (Ubuntu and Debian)
- Experience with automation tools including Docker, Jenkins or kubernetes
- Excellent communications skills - inter-team and customer interactions.
- Experience with PHP programing or another language
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
Hiring a DevOps Engineer?
Our specialised recruitment teams are drawing on over 30 years’ experience in finding the right candidates for your industry. We pre-screen and meet with candidates before matching them with your business so that you are presented with only the best of the best to choose from.Find Talent