IT Operational Engineer (Contract)
- BBBH790461 Oct 06, 2021 S$5-9k pm
IT Operational Engineer
Our client is a Leading Asset Management Business with capabilities across a wide range of asset classes and specialist investment sectors. They are looking for an IT Operational Engineer to join their team!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Accountable for the operational elements of the day to day running of desktop, server, network and telephony administration related to the IT Infrastructure environment,
- Acting as an escalation point or cover if required for the infrastructure support team.
- Keeping the core IT operating environment current and up to date while meeting service levels agreed with the business.
- Ensure that patching and vulnerability management is kept up to date and emergency patches are added as soon as possible
- Provide reporting on vulnerability management to the Manager on a monthly basis.
- Proficient in scripting, scripting languages, and how they can be used to deploy packages and automate tasks.
- Plan and run upgrades as necessary on the existing IT infrastructure ensuring that systems do not become end of life
- Ensure IT incidents are dealt with and logged in the defined service desk tool, tracked through to resolution and where possible implement steps to prevent re-occurrence.
- Conduct appropriate levels of troubleshooting and ensure that high priority incidents or incidents that require more detailed technical knowledge to resolve are escalated to the relevant senior members of IT.
- Liaise with external support vendors for issues relating to IT Infrastructure or external vendors that deliver solutions relating to the core IT operating environment
- Implement IT infrastructure projects in line with the lifecycle roadmap
- Maintain and perform documented standard operating procedures relating to things like patching, backups, monitoring, capacity management that keep the IT Infrastructure up to date
- Work with other teams/regions to load balance operational tasks across the global team and ensure global consistency.
- Involve and take lead in the yearly IT DR drill planning and testing, and proactively make suggestions to improve the overall IT DR strategy/process.
- Assist with support tasks related to operating systems, software applications, wireless networks, networking, VoIP issues, and printers when required.
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience in System Administrator or similar capacity.
- Ability to work with team members, colleagues and business units to solve problems
- Strong technical background and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft Stack and key technologies associated with it such as Azure, Microsoft Team, Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Win10 Desktop, SharePoint, MS Office, MS Outlook, etc.
- Strong knowledge on the fundamentals of networking including TCP/IP and routing, LAN & WAN setups and concepts
- Good knowledge in software packaging using automation tools such as Chocolatey, or SCCM.
- Good knowledge of VPN, and RDP working principles
- Good knowledge in configuring mail & troubleshooting of Mobile Device Management system (Airwatch / BEP / Intune / etc)
- Good knowledge on the fundamentals of IT security
- Automation using scripting languages such as PowerShell would be advantageous
- ITIL certifications would be advantageous
- MCSA, MCSE, CCNA related qualification would be advantageous
- Experience with AV & conferencing related technologies including Video Conferencing, Team, VOIP, SIP, H323 and Cisco Call Manager would be advantageous
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to email@example.com.
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R1877789