Sample Financial Accountant Job Description
Who We Are
At Morgan McKinley, we never lose sight of the role we play connecting talent with opportunities to solve the problems of today and tomorrow. Every individual in our business strives to go beyond for our clients and candidates to provide expert advice and become the trusted partner of choice.
Wherever you work in our business, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to continuously improve our service and deliver real value to our customers.
Together we go beyond.
We help organisations build their talent capability. Connecting people with opportunities.
Improving lives - Our People. Our Clients. Our Candidates.
- Always embracing change
- Always committed
- Always communicating
- Always building trust
In this role you will be working closely with the finance team delivering full month end close for your vertical. You will also be assisting the Finance Manager on all finance functions as appropriate. As a Financial Accountant you will be responsible for balance sheet reconciliation, journals, tax returns, P&L review, accruals and month end reports.
You’ll be working within our Accounting & Finance team and directly reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Preparing month end reports
- Completing monthly and quarterly tax returns
- Preparing monthly management and group reporting packs
- Producing monthly end of year financial statements
- Responding to financial inquiries
- Month end reconciliations (debtors, creditors, bank accounts,intercompany accounts, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets and/or databases to record, monitor and compile information
- Board reporting and preparation
- Preparing the annual budget
- Conducting internal audits such as salary and wage reviews
- Creating KPI reports
- Assisting in the audit compliance and internal control responsibilities
- Provision of expert assistance to the CFO in the maintenance and development of financial reporting models
- Assist with preparing quarterly financial forecasts
- Managing the delivery of monthly financial statements to strict deadlines
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting and monitor internal controls to achieve SOX compliance
- Tax reporting and inventory processing
- Ad hoc duties to support the team
- 3+ years working as a Financial Accountant
- Experience in Chartered Accounting would be advantageous
- Experience in planning and management reporting
- Computerised payroll system experience (Micropay Meridian & ESP)
- Advanced S Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Salary/Superannuation/Payroll Tax/Workers Compensation experience
- Qualified Accountant
- Professional Accounting qualification (CPA or CA)
Hiring a Financial Accountant?
Our specialised recruitment teams are drawing on over 30 years’ experience in finding the right candidates for your industry. We pre-screen and meet with candidates before matching them with your business so that you are presented with only the best of the best to choose from.FIND TALENT