Tax and Bank Information
Tax and Bank Information
- Once you have been confirmed in a temporary or contract role, send the original copy of your P45 to the Payroll Department, Premier Recruitment International, 6 Lapps Quay, Cork. The telephone number for the payroll department is 00353 21 2300300.
- If this is your first employment in Ireland, you are required to get a PPS Number (Personal Public Service Number). This can be obtained from your nearest social welfare office where you will be required to produce proof of identity (passport) and proof of address (utility bill)
Once issued with a PPS number, your consultant will provide you with a 12A form that must be completed and returned freepost to your local tax office. Morgan McKinley’s Employer’s Registration number is 4726096A.
Please find the list of tax offices below; send you details to the nearest one to where you are living:
- Dublin City Centre - 9/15 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
- Dublin South - 85-93 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2
- Dublin North and Fingal - Block D, Ashtown Gate, Navan Road, Dublin 15
- Dublin West - Plaza Complex, Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Cork - Revenue House, Assumption Road, Blackpool, Cork
- Kilkenny - Kilkenny Revenue District, Government Offices, Hebron Road, Kilkenny
- Waterford - Waterford Revenue District, Government Offices, The Glen, Waterford
- Limerick - Limerick Revenue District, Government Offices, River House, Charlottes Quay, Limerick
The Tax office will then send you your Certificate of Tax Credits, (the new version of the tax-free allowance certificate) and they will notify us of the details. However, once you receive your certificate of Tax Credits, fax a copy to payroll in Cork, on 021 2300 330. It can take between 2-6 weeks to process.
You will be on Emergency Tax if you don’t have a P45 from the current tax year or if your 12A form application is being processed. This means that your net pay may fluctuate over your first 12 weeks of employment unless you are issued with a certificate of tax allowances, at which point your tax will be normalised. It is very important that you sort out your tax situations ASAP.
- If you have a P45, your tax assessment will be processed according to current tax guidelines and all appropriate deductions will be made. If you still have any problems getting the required information, please let your consultant know.
- The Income Levy has increased from 1% to 2% since the Supplementary Budget in April 2009. Persons entitled to a full medical card are specifically excluded from the income levy. The exemption exists for people who hold a full medical card and NOT for people who hold a GP only medical card. If you do hold a full medical card you must notify your consultant.
- A bank will open an account for you on production of your Certificate of Tax Credits. You may also be required to provide proof of identity (passport, driving licence) along with a utility bill (gas, electricity, telephone) in your name.
If you have any questions regarding any of this information please contact your consultant or call your nearest office.
Morgan McKinley’s Accounting and Finance team has been a valuable recruitment partner. I found their insights around the market in terms of skills in finance and what other companies are doing in certain roles and structures in finance to be very useful and helpful in putting the competency skills set for different roles.Read More
Head of Finance | McDonald's