Below is a list of questions that we are asked from time to time. If your question is not answered here, please contact your Morgan McKinley Consultant.
- When do I get paid?
- Contractors are paid monthly by Morgan McKinley (1 week after submitting approved timesheet). If you are employed on a fixed term contract, it is most likely you will be paid a monthly pro-rata salary, direct from our client.
- What do I do when my assignment ends?
- When the client confirms the finish date of your assignment let your consultant know as soon as possible. In addition please advise us of any change in your assignment details (e.g. change of supervisor/ department).
- I am a Singaporean/ Singapore PR. How much CPF am I entitled to?
- This depends on your age and PR status - please view the Central Provident Funds website.
You will also contribute to Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and SHARE Donations, unless you opt out of it.
- I am a foreigner. Will I need a work visa to work in Singapore?
- It’s vital you have the right work pass for Singapore. Once employment is secure, Morgan McKinley will advise you and apply for the work pass accordingly.
- My work visa has expired, what can I do?
- You need to think about what you want to do well in advance of your work visa expiring as once this has happened you are no longer eligible to work in Singapore. Please contact your recruitment consultant at least two months before your work visa expires.
- How do I report a workplace injury or hazard?
- All work-related injuries and incidents, no matter how minor, must be reported to both Morgan McKinley and your supervisor as soon as possible.
A hazard is any source of harm or potential harm to a person or to property/equipment. Should you identify a hazard in your workplace which you are unable to safely resolve yourself, report it to your supervisor.
- How long will my assignment last?
- The length of your assignment will be agreed between your Morgan McKinley consultant and the employer before you start. It is common for assignments to be continually extended depending on the type of work you are doing. Don't be put off by an initial short-term role, it could last much longer!
- How do I pay my tax?
- For information on tax matters in Singapore, visit www.iras.gov.sg
Any Other Questions?
Contact the Morgan McKinley Contract Team if you have any other questions about temporary or contract work.