Technical Writer (Contract)
- BBBH779272 Apr 07, 2021 S$5-9k pm
Our client is a top Transportation provider providing excellent solutions to their customer base. They are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join their team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage technical documentation across multiple teams and lead all aspects of assigned documentation delivery.
- Create documentation for engineering and operational tenets such as stability, scalability, resiliency, on-call, incidents, developer productivity through platform-tools/frameworks, and so on.
- Create training materials for technical onboarding.
- Support in establishing a strong technical documentation culture transforming engineering into an active knowledge sharing organization.
- Evangelize the technical brand by driving blog creation (and publishing) both internally and externally.
- Work closely with engineers to create clear-and-concise technical documentation for internal and external engineering platforms.
- Copy, edit, clarify, and proofread written documentation
- Actively participate in documentation planning with engineering teams and product management.
- Help drive and review the overall team strategy and tactics, helping to improve documentation culture.
- Identify user pain points and business needs to assess documentation requirements.
- Define standards and style guidelines that help engineers become better communicators.
- Create sample code and training resources that will help onboard other teams.
- Design and organize documentation for new APIs, user guides, and services, with search optimization in mind.
- Collaborate across multiple engineering teams and manage projects related to technical documentation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing, product documentation, or other related fields.
- Expertise with development tools and delivering documentation for engineering teams.
- Experience working directly with development teams, obtaining information through research and interviews, and testing and validating documentable features and concepts.
- Experience writing for software technologies, infrastructure, or microservices.
- Experience with Azure or AWS is a big plus.
- Experience with structured programming language source code such as Go (preferred) Java, C++, C#, etc.
- Collaborative, creative, empathetic, and curious, with a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical concepts quickly.
- Experience with Swagger API specifications would be advantageous
- Experience with Documentation as Code.
- Solid understanding of information hierarchies and content strategy.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R1877789
Consultant | IT Contract & Interim Solutions Recruitment
+65 6818 3138