- JN -112023-1951119
- Nov 16, 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Pensions Administrator, based in Dungarvan Co. Waterford, on a hybrid working model.
Reporting to the Pensions Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of a team to ensure efficient and compliant administration of Company pension schemes, in line with regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Administer defined benefit pension schemes in line with administration manuals and service levels.
- Liaise with in-house functions and third-party providers, including audit, actuarial, accounting, legal, and administration contacts.
- Manage day-to-day administration tasks for defined benefit pension schemes.
- Monitor and reconcile Trustee bank accounts and company pension control account.
- Prepare payments from Trustees' bank accounts and Pension Control Account.
- Maintain up-to-date member and financial records in agreed format on payroll and pension systems.
- Calculate and pay benefits on death, retirement, leaving service, including Revenue limits and tax.
- Administer contribution deductions, remittance, transfers in and out, and compliance monitoring.
- Complete annual renewal of pension schemes, including calculations and preparation of annual benefit statements.
- Manage pension payroll, including new pensioner calculations, monthly reconciliations, and administration of changes to pensioner records.
- Administer Pensions Adjustment Order.
- Provide support for the administration of defined contribution pension schemes.
- Administer Company risk benefits, including life assurance and income protection.
- Participate in operational and strategic pensions project work.
- Support the Pensions Manager in the overall management of the pensions team.
- Stay updated on pension and tax law, engaging in training where necessary.
- Relevant undergraduate/postgraduate qualification.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Pensions Administration experience.
- Good technical knowledge of pensions provision in Ireland and relevant legislation.
- LIA or IIPM pensions qualifications for scheme administration, or near completion. Further qualifications are desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of pension operations across other jurisdictions are desirable.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven team player with a flexible attitude towards work.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work on own initiative.
- Proactive and driven approach, seeking continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver technical issues clearly and concisely to a wide audience.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.