- BBBH771537 Dec 07, 2020 Competitive
Our client a leading technology company with offices in Cork & Dublin are currently hiring a Hardware Engineer to join their office in Cork on a 12 month contract.
Due to ongoing growth, the Cork office is currently recruiting for an experienced Hardware Engineer, with focus on custom electronics design and optical/electronic experiment development.
As a Hardware Engineer, you will play an important role in a multi-disciplinary team developing and introducing new LED display components, helping to build experiments and systems to characterize display component performance and reliability.
Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to approach unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to find ways to help our cross functional teams to be more efficient.
- Design custom electronics to support characterization of LED displays, including schematic capture and PCB design.
- Incorporate custom electronics into experimental setups and interface with benchtop electronic and optical instruments.
- Write instrument control and data analysis scripts to generate useful outputs from experimental setups.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to capture requirements for display characterization, and translate requirements into functional systems.
- Electronics design, schematic capture, and PCB layout (preference to Cadence products - OrCad Capture and Allegro)
- Microcontroller project development, including support circuitry and programming
- Python programming skills - experience with instrument control and data acquisition is mandatory
- FPGA programming experience
- Experience with optical characterization
- Experience with mechanical design (Solidworks preferred)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Sales & Marketing Recruitment
021 2300 300