Working in China
The People's Republic of China is the world's second largest economy after the United States. As the world's fastest-growing major economy, with average growth rates of 10% for the last three decades, China has become the first choice for many professionals from a range of industries who want to work abroad.
If you are considering working in China you could benefit from speaking to Morgan McKinley’s expert consultants, who specialise in recruitment abroad. We can answer your questions and offer any advice you may require about working in China.
Living in China – Fast Facts
- The currency in China is Renminbi, often abbreviated as RMB (¥). Credit cards are accepted at most hotels and tourist shops.
- Beijing is the capital city of China, with a population of approximately 17.4 million, while Shanghai, the centre of finance and trade in China, has approximately 13.8 million.
- As the world’s third largest country in total area, the climate of China is extremely diverse; subtropical in the south to subarctic in the north.
- The native language in China is Mandarin. A significant portion of the working population can also speak English.
- Normal working hours in China are from 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Visa Requirements in China
As with travelling to any country, you will require a valid passport. When travelling to China you will also be required to show evidence of either an onward or return trip, or evidence detailing support for a longer stay. You can find out more about the visa requirements for China from your national Chinese embassy website.
Thinking about Moving to China?
If you are considering working abroad, international recruitment specialists Morgan McKinley can give you advice and guidance on a number of locations worldwide, including mainland China.
I would like to recognise Morgan McKinley for the great service offered in last couple of years. I am impressed by their professionalism, the ability to select the right candidates specific to our needs as well as the outstanding service attitude. Morgan McKinley consistently follows up with the hiring managers and the candidates in order to close any gaps while satisfying the needs from both ends.
Both the managers and the candidates find it a very pleasant experience in the recruitment process. I look forward to working with your company to fulfill our recruitment needs in coming years. Thank you
AVP | Hong Kong Information Services, Manulife International Limited
Recruiting staff can be a time consuming and arduous process. We found some recruitment firms throw CVs at a vacancy in the hope that one sticks!
Morgan Mckinley and our dealings with their consultant were refreshing and showed a more professional and structured approach to finding the right candidate. Their attention to detail was not just ensuring candidates have the required skillsets but also ensuring a candidates personality would fit well within our firm and office. I would warmly recommend Morgan Mckinley to firms recruiting technologists in the finance sector.
Technology Group Asia Pacific