FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below is a list of questions that we are asked from time to time. If your question is not answered here, please contact your Morgan McKinley Consultant.
- When do I get paid?
- Contractors are paid monthly by Morgan McKinley (1 week after submitting approved timesheet). If you are employed on a fixed term contract, it is most likely you will be paid a monthly pro-rata salary, direct from our client.
- What are the contact details for Morgan McKinley contractor support or payroll?
- Your allocated consultant. They will be able to answer any queries you have related to contract so do not hesitate to contact them if you have any questions.
- Am I entitled to annual leave?
- You are only entitled to annual leave if your contract is more than 3 months. According to the Hong Kong Employment Ordinance all full time employees are entitled to not less than 7 days of annual leave per annum pro-rated eligible to be taken after 3 months of continuous service.
- How many annual leave am I entitled to take?
- The number of annual leave is pro-rated to your contract duration. Please contact your consultant to find out.
- Am I entitled to paid sick leave?
- Sick leave will be governed by the Hong Kong Employment Ordinance, namely, that 4 days of consecutive sick leave will be paid at a rate of four fifths of your salary. Sick leave will be accrued at a rate of 2 days per completed month worked.
- Am I entitled to any other type of paid leave?
- In some circumstances, you may be eligible for overtime pay and this will be clearly stated in your contract. Please contact your recruitment consultant for more information.
- Will I need a visa to work in Hong Kong?
- It is vital you have the right visa to work in Hong Kong. If you don’t have a visa, the company you are contracted to work for will sponsor you to work in Hong Kong.
- How do I report a workplace injury or hazard?
- All work-related injuries and incidents, no matter how minor, must be reported to both Morgan McKinley and your supervisor as soon as possible. A hazard is any source of harm or potential harm to a person or to property/equipment. Should you identify a hazard in your workplace which you are unable to safely resolve yourself, report it to your supervisor.If you are dissatisfied with the steps taken by your supervisor to address the hazard, you must escalate this issue to your Morgan McKinley Consultant as soon as possible.
- How long will my assignment last?
- The length of your assignment will be agreed in advance between your Morgan McKinley Consultant and the employer before you start and could last from a few months to a year. It is common for your contract to be extended depending on the type of role.
Any Other Questions?
Contact your local Morgan McKinley office if you have any other questions about contract work.
I would like to recognise Morgan McKinley for the great service offered in last couple of years. I am impressed by their professionalism, the ability to select the right candidates specific to our needs as well as the outstanding service attitude. Morgan McKinley consistently follows up with the hiring managers and the candidates in order to close any gaps while satisfying the needs from both ends. Both the managers and the candidates find it a very pleasant experience in the recruitment process. I look forward to working with your company to fulfill our recruitment needs in coming years. Thank youRead More
AVP | Hong Kong Information Services, Manulife International Limited
Recruiting staff can be a time consuming and arduous process. We found some recruitment firms throw CVs at a vacancy in the hope that one sticks! Morgan Mckinley and our dealings with their consultant were refreshing and showed a more professional and structured approach to finding the right candidate. Their attention to detail was not just ensuring candidates have the required skillsets but also ensuring a candidates personality would fit well within our firm and office. I would warmly recommend Morgan Mckinley to firms recruiting technologists in the finance sector.Read More
Technology Group Asia Pacific