City of London
- BBBH773682 Jan 19, 2021 £60k - £80k
A world leading insurance player is currently recruiting for a VAT specialist at VP / Senior Manager level to join their EMEA tax function based in the City.
A world leading insurance player is currently recruiting for a VAT specialist at VP / Senior Manager level to join their EMEA tax function based in the City. The successful applicant will report directly into the EMEA Head of Tax and take a lead responsibility for the indirect tax issues facing their various business ventures across the region. This will include providing technical advice and support on specific transactions and projects, advising on day to day queries as well as overseeing the VAT compliance process.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing a full service on all UK VAT issues including advice, policies, planning, training and strategies and provide ad-hoc support where required on other Indirect Tax projects.
- Ensuring work is organised and undertaken effectively and efficiently, working with the Shared Service team responsible for VAT compliance in EMEA
- Identify and implement indirect tax optimisation opportunities
- Assess new UK VAT legislation and case law for applicability and communicate changes and related potential impacts colleagues in multiple functions
- Communicate key indirect issues clearly and concisely to non-tax specialists
- Manage VAT impacts for international business development, and provide advice on large transactions, strategic projects, and aspects of intercompany and 3rd party contracts, under appropriate review
- Support UK VAT audits and investigations by tax authorities
- Act as first point of contact and lead query resolution for UK VAT
- Identifying training requirements and delivering training to the wider team and business where required
The ideal candidate will be an indirect tax specialist with experience relating to the financial services sector, whether within Banking, Insurance or Asset Management. They will need to be a qualified accountant and/or tax specialist with a good track record in indirect tax compliance and advisory work, whether gained in Practice or another in-house tax team. They will need to have a pro-active and problem-solving approach, twinned with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Tax
+44 20 7092 0030