- BBBH792216 Sep 03, 2021 €50k - €70k
Are you a highly experienced Financial Controller? Do you have experience of working within the Hotel/Hospitality sector?
A Hotel Group with a number of Hotels in Ireland, is currently seeking a commercially aware Financial Controller to join its organisation in Sligo. The successful candidate will play a lead role in developing the Finance Function and providing key decision support to the Managing Director on all financial and accounting aspects.
This role will offer the successful candidate an extremely attractive salary and benefits.
Overview of the Responsibilities
Using your commercial acumen, you will contribute to the strategic development whilst;
- Managing the operation of the day to day finance teams at individual Hotel level
- Preparing monthly management accounts for the hotel
- Researching technical accounting issues for compliance, ensuring strong controls in place
- Liaising with external third-parties (e.g. Advisors, Banks, Auditors) as well as Internal Teams ( Sales, Marketing, Operations) Managing the Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, Financial Modelling processes
- Working with the Hotel General Managers to ensure business decisions are in the best interest of the business and future growth
- Qualified Accountant with previous experience as a Financial Controller role, preferably within the hospitality/hotel sector desirable but not essential
- Ability to take a commercial view, make recommendations and influence stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people including regulators, legal advisors, outsourced partners and senior management within the Group.
- Experience preparing Board reports, analysing data, assisting in strategic decisions within an organisation
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Accounting & Finance | Interim & Contract