Morgan McKinley has been instructed by a US MNC with global operations to source a Privacy Counsel to join its growing Global Privacy Team based in Ireland.
Morgan McKinley has been instructed by a US MNC with global operations to source a Privacy Counsel to join its growing Global Privacy Team to help it build a world class, strategic privacy function.
This role reports directly to the Global Head of Privacy within the legal department and can be worked remotely from anywhere in Ireland. This person will draft and negotiate privacy contracts, develop privacy notices and policies and provide expert advice and counsel within the legal team and to business partners throughout the company.
● Draft privacy and data protection related policies and review them against leading industry standards
● Advise on and negotiate data processing agreements
● Provide expert and pragmatic advice on the implementation and impact of global privacy and data protection laws to product, business teams and to colleagues in the legal team
● Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to identify legal requirements and best practices, and translate them into clear, actionable steps
● Distill highly technical rules and disparate data processes into understandable terms - using plain English both for internal clients and our externally-facing documentation
● Collaborate with legal and business teams spread across time zones - in multiple locations in Asia, California and Europe
● Contribute to ongoing efforts to provide education, resources and training on privacy and data protection
● Provide advice and conduct assessments on international data transfers
Key Qualifications & experience:
● Qualified as a lawyer and admitted to practice in at least one EU jurisdiction
● 7+ years of post-qualification experience, with significant relevant privacy/data protection law experience at a law firm or in-house, ideally in a multinational technology company
● Deep understanding of global privacy standards and regimes including but not limited to CCPA/CPRA, GDPR, LGPD and PIPL
● CIPP or equivalent is preferred
In addition, preferable skills and behaviours include:
● Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
● Ability to help lead our privacy efforts in a distributed worldwide workforce
● Be a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance, and when and how to communicate with diverse stakeholders ● Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, lead & manage projects and drive/achieve results, while working autonomously
● Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.