Strategic Sourcing Manager
- BBBH773400 Jan 14, 2021 Competitive
An exciting opportunity to take up a strategically important role with a leading Global Medical Device multinational based in Limerick
Our Medical Device client is a leading global manufacturer based in Limerick. Due to congoing expansion of the site and growth over the last year they are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their existing team on an initial 12 month contract.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will drive procurement activities around supplier relationship management best practices, sourcing processes and delivery of results.
Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level for designated suppliers
- Partner with category management to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
- Develop the Sourcing Strategic direction for assigned categories of spend and work with fellow team members to ensure alignment and execution to that strategic direction.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management and escalation processes.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities.
- Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Analyze overall system capabilities and develop and execute improvements in support of the end to end supply chain, to achieve lowest total cost of ownership.
- Provide regular reporting on Supplier Performance, and lead activities to achieve goals.
- Manage a small team of Associates to support sourcing objectives and contribute to their continuous development.
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
- MBA or Masters preferred.
- CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) a bonus.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a procurement role managing Strategic Supplier Relationships preferred.
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Change leadership expertise
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Supply Chain, Planning & Procurement Recruitment