Financial Accountant - Mid West
- BBBH653631 Sep 03, 2020 Competitive
A manufacturing company in the West are looking for a financial accountant immediatel
Financial Accountant - Permanent
Salary range: € 45,000 - €55,000
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the monthly accounts close process in line with strict deadlines including posting journals, preparing and analysing balance sheet reconciliations at month end and calculating, posting and analysing monthly accruals and prepayments ensuring all items are accurately captured.
- Lead and complete a review of current month end close processes and procedures and implement any necessary improvements to ensure maximum efficiencies.
- Prepare detailed monthly financial reports, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and liaise with and support the auditors in the audit process as required.
- Prepare detailed management accounts and reports for the relevant business units as required highlighting key metrics, margin and volume. Prepare and present analysis and respond to queries as appropriate.
- Prepare annual budget and monthly forecasts, present analysis and address queries as appropriate.
- Assist with the review and organisation of inter-company contracts and assist with transfer pricing issues as appropriate.
- Assist with relevant projects in a group re-organisation context including potential mergers and acquisitions as required.
- Identify, initiate and drive continuous systems, controls and process improvements throughout the organisation.
- Liaise cross-functionally (e.g. operations, sales and marketing) as appropriate and build long-lasting working relationships.
- Ensure all department and company policies and SLAs are adhered to and KPIs and targets achieved as appropriate.
- Manage and support a team of two junior colleagues.
- Perform appropriate ad hoc assignments.
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified or part qualifed accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Experience in a group/multiple business unit context highly advantageous.
- Excellent technical experience from a financial statement and reporting perspective.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent systems, process and controls experience including from an on-going improvement perspective.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to work within deadlines, prioritise and multi-task effectively.
- Proven ability to liaise cross-functionally and establish and develop internal and external business relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to handle large volumes of data in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate within a team environment and express ideas effectively to both technical and a non-technical audience.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, find solutions and deliver results.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, Word, etc.) and systems savvy.
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Adaptable, commercial and energetic.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.