- BBBH772264 Dec 18, 2020 €50k - €70k
Our client's robust and exciting expansion plans means they are on track to become one of Ireland's leading renewable energy generators by 2030.
Their Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Resource Manager on a permanent basis. The roles will be based in Kildare and will report to the Planning and Advocacy Manager. The successful candidate will direct the review, assessment and monitoring of specific sites up to the conclusion of the site selection process for Renewable Energy projects.
The candidate will manage the key development constraints to facilitate the site selection process for Renewable Energy projects, the resource assessment program for wind and solar projects including preliminary baseline assessments and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure that sites are identified and maintained for development.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Prepare, justify and maintain an ongoing program of resource assessment, site constraint management and internal/external stakeholder engagement for sites of interest for Renewable Energy developments. Develop detailed project, assessment, engagement, risk and constraint management plans for each site meeting best practice (e.g. PMI, IMPA) for project management and governance requirements;
- Lead the development and maintenance of constraint and risk registers to the pre planning stage for identified and future solar, wind farm, battery and AD projects, and other technologies when they emerge, in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure that existing and future site selection methodologies are current and reflect best practice. Develop a program of relevant constraint minimisation including baseline assessments;
- Lead the site selection, preparation, specification, procurement, installation and commissioning of new meteorological installations that form part of Renewable Energy's wind and solar resource assessment infrastructure. Ensure they are delivered in accordance with relevant international standards and to the quality acceptable by financial institutions when making investment decisions.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of routine inspection and maintenance schedules for existing meteorological installations such as wind and solar met masts, in accordance with industry best practice and original equipment manufacturers requirements;
- Lead and direct a program of engagement with internal and external stakeholders with respect to the interaction between the Renewable Energy development pipeline and land title resolution, land use such as Enhanced Rehabilitation and decommissioning and future land uses;
- Prepare Resource assessment and constraints budgets, ensure costs are controlled and reported regularly along with forecasted spend to completion. Analyse and appraise overall risk profiles and provide regular risk updates to senior management and appropriate project stakeholders;
- Ensure open and clear liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to aid the delivery of various consents, licences and permits as required. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community engagement in line with company policy is pursued on both specific projects and ongoing constraints management. Develop a good understanding of existing land use and liaise effectively with relevant operational business units operating on or around proposed development sites;
- Oversee the execution of the agreed resource assessment, engagement and constraint management plans and programs to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within scope. Monitor the execution of the resource assessment/constraints management and its separate work streams, approve key technical inputs and ensure that all deliverables meet the required technical and regulatory requirements set;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Lead and Performance Manage direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree (Level 8 FETAC) in Science/Engineering or equivalent;
- 5 - 7 years' experience in a similar role;
- Membership of Engineers Ireland or equivalent;
- Knowledge and experience of on-site Wind and Solar resource assessment and/or Renewable Energy site selection and/or Drainage design an advantage;
- Project management skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Engineering/GIS computer software;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent communication and people skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300