Senior Production Planner
- BBBH783989 Jun 02, 2021 Competitive
A Global leader in Medical Devices seeks an experienced Senior Production Planner due to continued expansion of their operations.
Due to continued expansion of our operations, we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Production Planner.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and scheduling of Finished Goods/Sub-Assemblies meeting external and internal Customer Service requirements while managing Inventory in line with goals. Ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of reports within the department. Champion process improvement in planning tools and systems.
- Specialist in the area of production planning, with an excellent knowledge of customer/market requirements and manufacturing plant capacity.
- Through the SI&OP process, work with Global Supply Chain to validate the customer requirements signal.
- Partner with production to develop a Production plan that meets customer service requirements while maintaining minimum inventory and optimal manufacturing cost.
- Negotiation & presentation of plans with all levels of management. A strong communicator, focussing on key messages and targeting key stakeholders.
- Analysis & maintenance of all production planning related reports, files & documents.
- Takes a structured and system-based approach to the role, leads by example to their planning team in this regard.
- Work with New Product teams to deliver production plans in line with project goals/ schedules.
- Prepare requirements for inter-company materials.
- Ensure effective inventory management & control in line with company targets.
- Champion continuous process improvement within the planning function. Keeps up to date on the latest planning tools and techniques.
- Maintenance & compliance to departmental policies & procedures.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Leading and developing their team. Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Level 8 (240 ECT's) degree in Materials or Business Management (or related discipline).
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated successful experience in a planning environment at a Supervisory level.
- Experience of ERP systems is required, SAP & Kinaxis Rapid Response preferable.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Excel, proficient in MS PowerPoint
- APICS certification preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving & communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively respond to changing business conditions and real time customer delivery issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300