- JN -112023-1951199
- Nov 17, 2023
A great opportunity to join a great team focused on Commercial Development in the tourism industry. ideally looking for an outgoing personality with great stakeholder skills
The international meetings industry is a highly lucrative sector and results in big business for Ireland. We have a dedicated team in place to drive responsible growth in international conferences, meetings and incentive or reward travel that positively impact our economy, society and environment.
We are now seeking to expand this team to support the development of a pipeline of business events for the years ahead.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
- Provide support to enable the team in the management of the sales pipeline of business events, ensuring a continual flow of quality opportunities for regional convention bureaux and industry partners
- Contribute to the creation of the sales & marketing plans to drive business events
- Support the team with the drafting of formal bids and proposal documents
- Organise and expertly deliver familiarisation trips and site inspections
- Working through a sales conversion best practice process including the follow-up of proposals with clients and supporting industry partners in their conversion practice
- Assist in the development of in-Ireland and overseas promotional events, bringing together Irish industry partners and international planners
- Attend overseas promotional events
- Support the team efforts in identifying and developing conference and corporate ambassadors as part of the Ambassador Programmes
- Support the Conference Ambassador Programme by facilitating meetings with the ambassadors and key trade
- Support the maintenance of relationships with key stakeholders, the Management Team and third party providers
- Adhere to all policies e.g. procurement
- Ensure CRM data is input and all necessary fields kept up to date, supporting the Partner Portal to provide information on business won, partner events and other news Support with the impact and legacy and sustainability agenda, especially the Global Destination Sustainability Index
- Provide support on the industry partner communications including website updates, communications and events
- Support on literature design, print management and distribution
- Development of proposals through the Cvent system
- Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
- The flexibility to travel domestically, internationally, and work unsociable hours will be required.
- Two years relevant experience to the role
- Experience of successfully interfacing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve the necessary outcomes
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations
- A high level of proficiency in CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A Professional Qualification (minimum Level 6 under the QQI Framework) in a related discipline is essential
- Experience in the tourism sector is not essential but would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Business or Leisure Tourist segments and their associated needs
- Commercial Awareness
- Managing Relationships
- Planning & Managing Work
- Communicating Effectively
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.