- BBBH786237 Jun 29, 2021 Competitive
Practice Leader for the System Analysts team within Information Services (I.S.) based in Dublin. Role includes people management, practice leadership, oversight of, and hands-on, system analysis work
Practice Leader SAN (Senior Systems Analyst)
Location: Dublin 1
Seeking a Practice Leader for our System Analysts team within Information Services (I.S.) based in Dublin. The overall I.S. function has over 120 people in the team and this function has approx. 25 staff and contractors. This role reports into the Head of Quality Assurance, and includes people management, practice leadership and oversight of, and hands-on, system analysis work.
The SAN Practice Lead will have the following Key Responsibilities:
- Performance Management (including Objective Setting);
- Agreeing project assignments with Delivery Leaders for all SANs;
- Application of HR policies and procedures.
Systems Analysis Practice Development
In line with industry best practice, including team and individual training and development;
- Working closely with the QA and Business Analysis functions to ensure alignment of practices and processes, and clear definition of roles and responsibilities; Working with Architecture and Software Engineering Practices to ensure consistency of practice across project delivery;
- Running of Team Meetings / Workshops, capturing and application of lessons learned from initiatives, capturing of exemplar artefacts etc. in a continuous improvement cycle for the practice.
Delivery of Systems Analysis Artefacts
- as assigned by Programmes and Projects
- Performing as a Senior Analyst / Lead Analyst on programmes and projects;
- Including input to Business Cases as required, including providing estimates of systems analysis effort for upcoming and in-flight projects.
Review and Sign-off of Systems Analysis Project Deliverables
- produced by members of the SAN Practice.
- Ensuring all SAN deliverables meet the content and quality standards expected
Providing input to strategic planning
- in terms of
- Future skill requirements;
- Training needs;
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 10 Years+ experience in I.T. with at least 8 years as a Senior Business Systems Analyst in the Life Assurance, Pensions and Investments Industry;
- 5+ years leadership experience preferably in the financial services sector. Expert in detailed analysis techniques with the ability to translate into comprehensive business and system requirements documentation which can be understood by Business and I.S. alike;
- Track record of delivering high quality analysis work;
- Experience in effectively applying I.S. and industry methods, processes, and practices while working within a governance structure;
- Passionate about managed and coaching people to help them achieve their optimum capability and potential;
- Good knowledge of System Architectures, Software Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices - experience of Waterfall & Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum- based teams;
- Strong competencies in Analysis & Problem Solving, Collaboration & Teamwork, Communication, Planning and Organizing, and Working on own Initiative;
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail;
- A solution driven, self-starter with commitment and follow through;
- Fluent in English - written and verbal.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of insurance or financial services industry applications and functionality;
- Working knowledge of German language - a commitment to learn German will be a requirement for the role;
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline;
- Recognized qualification in Systems Analysis.
- Drive for Results Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making Leadership
- Communication and Influencing
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555