- JN -022023-1925990
- Feb 21, 2023
Our client is Ireland's leading Public Service media organisation looking for a Learn & LMS Coordinator to join their team- 12 Month Contract (FTC)
Our client is a leader in Irish media, they provide comprehensive, cost-effective, free-to-air multi-media services to the public in Ireland and interested audiences internationally.
Learn is a dynamic learning and development function within the HR department. They research, schedule, coordinate, develop, design and build all learning and upskilling initiatives for their employees. They are committed to creating an agile workforce and growing the capability of every employee. They provide training solutions that are onsite, online and blended, supporting employees in all their locations with learning opportunities.
What they do?
They partner with all areas of the business to create learning programmes that address skill gaps and support the organisation's strategy, facilitating the learning needs of over 1,800 employees in multiple locations. They deliver a broad range of compliance related eLearning and in-person courses, professional development, training partnerships, creative team workshops, the Internship Programme, and support diversity, inclusion and outreach projects. They champion the Irish language at all levels by training employees to improve their language skills and work through Irish. They support employees with Irish Sign Language classes and QQI qualifications.
They create courses to improve mobility and the use of new platforms and new technologies. They manage the Learning Centre, their learning platform which hosts all of their courses, enrollments and resources, as well as providing internal communications via their Learn SharePoint, frequent Hub updates and direct contact with various teams and departments. They also use data from the learning management system to drive compliance standards with eLearning courses.
Who you are?
You will have a passion for Learning and Development and want to further your career in this area. In this role, you will be encouraged and supported to grow your knowledge and skills, so that you can help to contribute to their learning strategy and the delivery of learning initiatives to the benefit of all employees.
You will have a technical mindset. You will be innovative and creative and always looking to improve the learners' experience.
You will often work on your own initiative, have excellent organisational skills and will be eager to take personal responsibility for the delivery of projects. You will be a strong team player who loves to collaborate and contribute innovative ideas to continuously improve their Learn's delivery.
You will be able to use our learning data to provide feedback to the various business divisions on their employees' learning records and drive an increase in compliance rates for mandatory eLearning courses.
- Set up and upload new learning content and manage learner enrolments and access to the Learning Centre (LMS).
- Ensure that the quality of LMS content is maintained by conducting regular reviews and updating the system's courses.
- Provide data and insight reports on learning needs and activities to inform decision making on course design and overall organisational compliance.
- Maintain scheduled reports in the LMS for divisions and line management to drive compliance with mandatory eLearning.
- Provide any support necessary as well as training materials, screencast videos and instructional documents for users of the LMS to help support its adoption across the organisation.
- Distribute and track course evaluations and feedback from participants and external training providers.
- Be involved in broader HR initiatives to include recruitment and onboarding.
- Manage purchase orders, invoicing and ensuring they are processed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with training providers to confirm course bookings and enrolments.
- Coordinate the booking of training rooms and facilities for courses.
- Record, maintain and update learning records.
- Monitor the Learn inbox and provide assistance where appropriate.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve technical problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Forms) with the ability to quickly self-learn new programs and systems.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- A team player who is highly self-motivated, proactive and has excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines, independently with minimal supervision.
- Prior experience or understanding of learning and development would be an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.