- JN -052023-1937999
- May 19, 2023
- €600 - €700 pd
Are you a Dublin Based Portfolio Manager with experience with large IT projects looking for their next 12 month daily rate contract role?
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of projects, ensuring successful KPI outcomes by focusing on best practice programme/project management standards.
Supporting the project managers to deliver the projects within the defined portfolio in line with the agreed KPIs. Assist the business stakeholders to define a roadmap of strategic projects for their business units.
The successful candidate will impart Project Management standards and knowledge to other PMO team members through leadership, guidance and motivation. Support the IT PMO to maintain and develop standards in Project Governance.
Working with the Portfolio Services Manager and the IT PMO to deliver a range of services, including:
- Project intake processing, assessment and sizing leading to project qualification for delivery commencement
- PM forecasting, collective resource requirements forecasting for a portfolio delivery
- project output reviews and approvals (e.g. Charters, DGOU, PIDs, RTPA's) as per NTA Project Approval Guidelines (PAG)
- Ensure a project commences through the project kick-off process with appropriate governance rigour that sets it up for delivery success
- Establish projects for success by ensuring key resources and other prerequisites are in place
- Ensure that all projects have appropriate benefits defined, with effective methods of measurement agreed as appropriate
- Ensure that project risks are clearly defined, mitigated and managed throughout the project lifecycle
- Quality project reporting within portfolio including appropriate financial reporting management
- Effective Steering meetings for portfolio via high quality of deck content and appropriate sponsorship
- Support in utilisation of PMO tooling (KeyedIn, SharePoint)
- Monitoring progress of portfolio deliverables, conducting health checks within portfolio as required
- Address risks, challenges that portfolios encounter
- Continued engagement with the business to understand inter-programme dependencies
- Project lessons learned and closeout reports
- Act as escalation point for all projects within the portfolio
- Ensure supplier accountability on project delivery within the portfolio is achieved
- Manage and mentor PMs within the portfolio delivery scope
- Enable continuous process improvements within the PMO to sustain and improve maturity level
- Assist with financial EOYS (End of Year Submissions) and financial SOYS (Start of Year Submissions) deliverables
- Address all major project issues in conjunction with PMs, resolving or escalating as appropriate
- Degree level in relevant subject (IT, Business Studies etc) or equivalent Prince2/MSP/LEAN practitioner qualification or equivalent Managing Successful Portfolios.
- Portfolio Delivery (desirable)
- Project & Portfolio/Programme Management
- Excellent understanding and experience of the application of the project development lifecycle.
- Excellent level of understanding and knowledge of Prince2, MSP or equivalent methodologies..
- Technical Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of complex technical environments, the ability to challenge the norm and inspire creative solutions. Knowledge of MS office and portfolio management software (e.g. MS Project etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Recruitment Consultant | Projects & Change Recruitment