Information Security Technical Consultant
- BBBH789311 Aug 03, 2021 Competitive
My client is looking for an Information Security Technical Specialist, working as part of their Special Projects & Incident Response function in Dublin. There is approx. 25% travel with this position.
Job Title: Information Security Technical Specialist
Location: Dublin 16
The successful candidate will:
- Provide incident response guidance and leadership in the areas of fraud, eDiscovery, threat hunting and major incident management.
- Be an escalation point for the threat monitoring function.
- Perform technical tasks and implementation of new and enhanced technologies to support enhance email security, web security, along with technical infrastructure and applications.
- Sit with business / functional unit leaders and understand their requirements, interpret security ramifications and assist their teams in building solutions for these problems.
- Research solutions to people problems in adoption of technology and to assist Operating Companies in overcoming these hurdles in the pursuit of better practices.
- Support global functions across the business in the translation of regulatory requirements and technical delivery for both in-flight and post-delivery projects.
- Support other GIS functions (e.g. Operations and Engineering) in a range of technical deliveries from infrastructure rollout to cloud deployment to penetration testing. The successful candidate will have a desire to learn new skills.
- Team player & people-focused approach to solving issues.
- Extensive technical abilities in networking, operating system, database and practical risk management.
- Ability to read contracts with a view to understanding IS management ramifications.
- Understand the business agenda, sensitive to culture and values, gain respect and credibility.
- To be articulate and accurate.
- Strong networking and relationship management and influencing skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to be managed.
- Flexibility and ability to travel at short notice (circa 25-30% at times may be required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be capable of understanding, documenting, communicating and presenting technical issues in a non-technical manner to audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise.
Education and Experience
- 8-10 years' experience in IS fields providing customer-facing deliveries.
- Extensive technical ability is a must with analytical ability to take out-of-band problems.
- Experience working with Incident Response best practice frameworks and standards
- Experience working on technical platforms for e-mail / Anti-Virus/ Proxies etc. - a strong advantage
- An ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to find opportunities in problematic and challenging situations
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience of managing stakeholders
- Certifications relevant to technical risk controls (ISACA / GIAC / Degree etc.).
- A desire to learn and demonstration of self-motivation.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555