Head of Audit - Financial Services
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH793992 Sep 22, 2021 Competitive
This is a senior leadership role within a large audit function that requires excellent stakeholder management skills and a proven track record of problem solving through innovative solutions.
- Develop and maintain an internal audit strategy for resourcing and delivery of services.
- Influence a robust control environment, governance processes, and risk management practices through risk-based audit activities including validation of actions agreed by management.
- Utilise (obtain where necessary) comprehensive risk information and professional judgement to define/create an annual audit plan for approval by the audit committee. Prepare and present annual internal audit plan based on an internal risk assessment to the Board of Directors and/or Audit Committee.
- Planning, designing and executing Internal Audit activities in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology adopted and the annual internal audit plan.
- Provide independent assurance and opinions on the effectiveness of the Risk Management Framework, Governance and Internal Controls by managing and reporting on risk-based assurance work over a portfolio of audits.
- Ability to work on complex audits as appropriate.
- Update the status of the internal audit findings and recommendations on a quarterly basis. Report and present the audit findings and recommendations to the Boards of Directors and/or Audit Committee.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with external audit and relevant regulatory bodies. Liaising with external service providers for conducting co-sourced internal audit engagements.
- At least 10 years' experience of external and/or internal auditing practice with 8 years + PQE in a regulated financial services environment.
- Strong knowledge of risk/controls and relevant
- Strong knowledge of Ireland outsourcing regime and Central Bank of Ireland regulations
- Previous experience in similar role or worked in Internal Audit as senior position is desirable.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
353 (0) 1 4321556