Group Tax Manager (Hybrid)
- BBBH821689 Jul 07, 2022 Competitive
Morgan McKinley is supporting a leading Irish business in sourcing a Group Tax Manager to join their dynamic tax team and be responsible for providing tax consulting and advisory on various projects.
The Group Tax Manager will be responsible for providing tax support on a wide variety of projects across all tax heads. This position is focused on consultancy and advisory type projects with a much smaller focus on compliance. The Group Tax Manager will also get exposure to our international business and will be a key support for our international operations.
- Manage the day-to-day tax function for the Group and be responsible for the management of one direct report.
- Research, document, and provide tax advice to decision makers on the tax implications of key transactions and investment decisions
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of strategic tax planning opportunities and for the implementation of tax strategy in support of the wider strategic objectives of the Group.
- Support all business units to ensure that any tax queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Key role in supporting the group's expanding international business units and projects.
- Ensure the business is aware of changes in tax legislation, Budget Day changes, tax practices etc. as it affects their business unit
- Research tax legislation, case law and practice as required
- Responsible for identifying the impact of and implementation of changes in tax policy on the Group and for communicating the same to the wider business.
- Support the Shared Services Centre with queries arising across all the tax heads (VAT, PAYE, etc.)
- Support HR and the business units with regard to a globally mobile workforce and ensuring compliance with local tax requirements in overseas jurisdictions.
- Review of the year end corporation tax computations for the Irish group, the current and deferred tax computations for the Group and any notes/disclosures for the financial statements.
- Review of corporation tax estimates to be included in budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Ensuring compliance with transfer pricing requirements
- Qualified CTA (AITI) and ideally ACA qualified (not a requirement)
- Training completed in the tax department of a top tier firm.
- Corporate tax background but other tax specialisms will be considered
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting systems would be an advantage
- Lateral thinking approach to problem solving and assessing risks
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with other non-tax professionals
- Ability to work in a dynamic high-performance environment and work to deadlines
- Self-starter with leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.