Fund Accounting Associate
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH787362 Jul 12, 2021 Competitive
An industry leading Fund Manager is looking for an experienced Fund Accountant to join their growing team on a contract basis.
This is great opportunity for a fund accountant who has exposure to a wide range of asset classes and has previous experience in A-Z fund accounting process to join a well established fund manager who is a global leader in the market. While initially a contract role there is a possibilty of extension/permanency.
- Oversee production of monthly deliverables including audit reporting packages
- Review and approve general ledger adjusting entries
- Research and respond to auditor and internal inquiries. Represent on calls and in-person meetings with external auditors and clients.
- Analyze accounting records and be able to clearly articulate fund accounting transactions/processes to clients, external audit firms, and internal business partners.
- Engage in developing internal reviews of accounting records and ad-hoc projects and process enhancements.
- Develop a strong knowledge of internal systems, operations, and client structures, i.e. various types of portfolios, deliverables, and client specific requirements.
- Understanding of various investment types including fixed income, equities, and derivatives.
- Ability to explain general fund accounting principles, cash and asset reconciliation items, and calculation of interest income, amortization, dividends, complex corporate actions, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience in Fund Accounting or Financial Reporting (3-6 or more years)
- Experience interacting directly with clients and/or auditor strongly preferred
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
353 (0) 1 4321556