- Dublin City Centre
- JN -022023-1925782
- Feb 17, 2023
Morgan McKinley has the pleasure of working with a leading financial institution on a very exciting new Financial Reporting Contract Role.
This role is within the EMEA Controllers team and will be based in Dublin. The EMEA Controllers Team are involved in all aspects of LE reporting including statutory financial statements, internal reporting (to management and to the Boards) and local GAAP accounting. The remit of the team is oversight, analysis and communication around the legal entities assigned to them. The team is also responsible for managing the external audit process.
The Financial Reporting Accountant is specifically responsible for the following:
* Oversight for the assigned legal entity. This includes being the formal point of contact for the entity from a Finance perspective
* Provision of financial analysis / insight on the assigned legal entities
* Communication of results and issues both verbally and in written form
* Coordination with audit (internal / external) and SOX teams as required.
* Key responsibilities relate to the production and or review of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting in both local and US GAAP.
* Ownership of the annual financial statements process for assigned entities
* Provide guidance and review for work produced by the offshore team
* Ownership of centralised audit processes as allocated in year end audit (eg. Bank confirmations)
* Review and approval of daily reporting
* Monthly Reporting:
o Oversight of results for certain legal entities over the month end close, escalate and resolve issues.
o Review of variance analysis produced by offshore team to provide meaningful analysis of different aspects on the legal entity financials
o Review and approval of certain month end journals.
* Quarterly Board pack reporting
* Reporting analysis produced for a variety of stakeholders including the board of directors, internal management and in support of the regulatory reporting process.
* Review of reconciliations for assigned legal entities
* Maintain SOX, ICFR, ICRR documentation as required for assigned legal entities.
* Payment practice and permanence reporting, semi-annual scoping review.
* Ad hoc projects as required.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
* Qualified accountant with audit and accounts preparation experience
* Financial services and or banking experience preferred
* Exposure to PeopleSoft/Oracle general ledgers desirable
* Strong experience in managing a General Ledger and overseeing shared service processing.
* Technical accounting knowledge, with IFRS and US GAAP desirable
* Academic/Professional Qualifications
* Accounting qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
* Highly motivated, adaptable, flexible and proactive
* Excellent communicator who is able to articulate key messages
* Ability to collaborate across Finance and the wider organisation
* Able to work in a complex global organisation
* Strong decision maker, responsible and accountable for their deliverables
* Good attention to detail
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Consultant | Banking & Financial Services Recruitment