- Dublin South
- JN -052023-1938257
- May 25, 2023
The ideal candidate will participate in a programme of financial systems enhancements as part of the organisation's digital transformation of operations and services.
- Title - Finance Transformation Project Manager
- Specialisation - Finance Transformation
- Type - 2 year FTC
- Location - Dublin South
- Salary - 60k-100
The ideal candidate will participate in a programme of financial systems enhancements
as part of the organisation's digital transformation of operations and services.
Key responsibilities will include Delivery of individual projects, Incorporating project planning and management, Organisation and supervision of project staff, Procurement of systems/suppliers, Requirements definition, Assisting in the integration with other systems, Report specification and writing, Training of end users and of FinanceSystems staff.
* Proactively identify areas for improvement in business processes, application of technology etc. in order to improve the financial systems;
* Assist in developing business requirements with the Director & Head of Financial Planning, Finance Managers and other stakeholders, map them to projects and define detailed requirements for those projects;
* Translating the business requirements into system designs, working closely with stakeholders and also with vendor staff;
* Develop Project Plans manage projects against those plans and report emerging issues to Steering Groups
* Supervise staff allocated to the projects;
* Work closely with the Finance Systems team on these projects, ensuring that the projects utilise the existing knowledge and skills of Finance Systems staff, and also ensuring that the development opportunities presented by the projects are availed of to the benefit of the Finance Systems staff and department;
* Act as key day-to-day liaison with external suppliers such as Core, Advanced and Oracle;
* Work collaboratively, develop good working relationships and build consensus amongst key UCD stakeholders to ensure that realistic expectations are set and then are met;
* Specify detailed data and technical requirements for Enterprise Applications Group and work with EAG to ensure delivery of those components of projects;
* Manage and support Finance Managers in User Acceptance Testing of systems;
* Plan and deliver training for projects including train-the-trainer of Finance Systems staff,
* Liaise with Finance Systems re. their take-on and support of relevant system administration functions of the relevant projects;
* Develop and make use of relationships with other universities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge transfer on relevant systems.
* 7-10 years relevant professional experience working in a financial management role in either a large organisation or third level institution
* Third level professional qualification
* Significant experience using enterprise systems, ideally incorporating eFinancials, CoreHR and PBCS;
* Strong IT skills incorporating Microsoft Office - ability to create, modify and join various datasets created as
CSV or Excel files, using lookups (Vlookup and/or Index/Match), pivot tables, filters;
* Evidence of significant contribution to multiple major enterprise financial systems projects. For example,
having successfully managed upgrades and/or new module implementations, led the design or acted as the functional expert.
* Test Planning and Implementation. Experience planning the testing of IT systems, and of carrying out such testing in a structured manner. Experience of supervision and coordination of other testers
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Senior Consultant | Projects & Change Recruitment