- JN -022023-1924557
- Jan 26, 2023
Our client is an agency responsible for the attraction and retention of inward FDI into Ireland looking for a Finance Manager to join their team - Perm
Role: Finance Manager
Division: Financial Management Division
Sector: Public Sector
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the purpose of the role is to lead, manage and
develop the Grants Section in Financial Management. The current annual grants budget is €125m. The role will also include submission of financial information on all budget. The role will involve working as part of the senior finance team to further develop the finance function within the Agency.
- Management and Development of staff, ensuring that staff have a full understanding of the requirements of the job, that they receive the necessary training and that all procedures are documented;
- Management of Grants budget, providing weekly reports on status of grant claims, ultimately aiming to expend the budget in full by paying clients on a timely basis in accordance with the Grant Approval and Legal Agreements;
- Implement improvements / efficiencies in the Grant Payments process;
- Work Closely with Digital Transformation Team in managing the implementation of Grant Payments module of new CRM.
- Production of various monthly reports / reconciliations and information for FOI's /PQ's
- Contribute to the review of documents for the Management Investment Committee
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors on Grant Payment/Inspection Audits and follow up on any points raised.
- Submission of financial information on all budgets to the external client.
- To ensure all functions in the section fully meets internal and external audit requirements, in terms of timing, quality of information and compliance with procedures and controls;
- To implement procedures and processes to ensure internal (Executive Committee & Audit Finance & Risk Committee and external reporting deadlines are met;
- To ensure good relationships are maintained with key stakeholders including internal clients and Internal Auditors;
- To assist with routine and non-routine issues and projects as requested by the Chief Financial Officer;
- To lead, motivate, drive and manage a team of staff to deliver on key tasks;
- To ensure that continuous learning and development is undertaken through informal and formal learning and participation in the Performance Management and Development Review Process;
- To ensure that the client's values of People, Professionalism, Passion for Performance and Public Service are upheld at all times;
- To ensure dignity, respect and equality are applied within and outside the Organisation and that a work life balance is supported as much as possible in the workplace;
- To demonstrate flexibility in undertaking additional tasks that can arise on occasion and contribute to the overall functions of Financial Management
- A third level business related qualification to Level 8 standard on the National Qualification Framework is essential, with a strong preference for a professional accountancy qualification.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and financial analysis skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure, work flexibly and independently on own initiative;
- Track record of effective management and training / development of staff;
- A full driving licence is essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.