- 1548 Jun 11, 2021 Competitive
This is a fantastic opportunity to join NBI's deployment finance team and be a part of this huge project. Role is based in Citywest.
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) is the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
Responsibility for ensuring best practice cost control through budgeting and forecast, the delivery of high-quality reporting and provision of effective business partnering across NBID with the support of one key Direct Report.
- Direct support to Finance Director with a heavy involvement in management and leadership ensuring NBID finance can achieve its goals and meet its objectives
- Management and oversight of the month end close process from month end accruals preparation right through to consolidated reporting and insight analysis
- Building upon existing reporting processes to ensure actionable business insights and analysis can be produced to enable key decision making
- Uplifting the existing financial model and utilising latest technology and techniques to ensure the consolidated reporting process is easily repeatable and the e2e timeframe can be optimized and reduced
- Management and oversight of bottom up budgeting, planning and forecasting processes and ensuring all agreed project financial management reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain the Project Cost Model (PCM) - a comprehensive model of project costs over the agreement period. Undertake in conjunction with operational management regular re-forecasting of expected project outturn based on actual performance to date and the expected performance for the remainder of the project period based on latest PCM assumptions.
- Maintain the Deployment Area Cost Template (DACT) setting out build costs by project. Ensure that the latest actual and forecast DA costs are incorporated into the model at each key milestone date.
- Investigate all material DACT variances and ensure that they have been dealt with appropriately.
- Responsibility for managing functional reporting with business units and working with each business unit to ensure budgets are clearly understood and costs are regularly re-forecasted
- Responsibility for the preparation of business cases / feasibility studies where required which will largely focus on capital investments and resourcing requirements across NBID
- Responsibility to liaise with the central finance team to ensure results are accurate and that all issues identified are addressed on a timely basis ('no surprises')
- Support the inflight ERP project around function requirements and user acceptance testing
- Input and support board reporting where required
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, as required
- Responsibility to ensure compliance with appropriate accounting standards and principles as well as all regulatory requirements
Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualified accountant. Candidates who additionally hold an MBA would be preferred
- Experience in detailed financial modelling, for example as part of a transactions advisory function in an accounting firm, bank or financial institution. Experience with building financial models from first principles with scenario capability is preferred
- Experience and strength in distilling complex financial information for communication to non-financial stakeholders the senior management
- Experience in developing and improving processes in order to gain efficiencies. Proactively look to simplify work and find ways to do work better and faster and always look for solutions in the face of uncertainty and change. Lean / 6 sigma qualifications preferred
- Experience in developing and delivering reporting to support decision making
- Experience in the construction/telecommunications/utilities industries
- Ability to collaborate and work in a cross functional environment and build relationships internally
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to connect with people.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Be willing and able to "roll up sleeves" and apply them self to any task.
- Driven personality with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley are working in partnership with NBI