Director of Internal Controls - Limited Travel
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH783734 Jul 02, 2021 €90k - €120k
Director of Internal Controls - Excellent opportunity to join a progressive, ambitious multinational PLC based Dublin City Centre to lead a large team
As the Director of Internal Control for the corporate division, you will lead policy implementation and partner with cross functional teams to design, develop and test against established SOX compliance controls. In this role, you will leverage strategic thinking and have a visible impact on the organisation through driving tactical efforts to keep the company compliant and safe. A high degree of integrity, coupled with a strong ability to maintain confidentiality and excellent partnering skills is required for the success of this role.
Reporting directly to our Group Head of Internal Control you will have the opportunity to own and drive this critical and highly visible SOX initial implementation and compliance process, building the foundation to scale and improve the quality of the internal controls over our Company's financial reporting. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with our Finance team, as well as cross-functionally with leadership on our Operations, Marketing, and Product teams. Your work will help enable quality reporting and accounting operations that support the growth of our business.
- Spearhead the design, development and testing of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Drive the documentation, assessment, testing and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting, including tracking control gaps and action plans to remediate weaknesses
- Provide program management support across the entire company related to the design of effective and efficient controls over financial reporting and consolidation.
- Partner with internal and external audit teams to ensure timely and efficient testing approach and issue resolution
- Partner with control owners on root cause analysis and action plan progress; perform impact analysis at year-end on deficiencies identified
- Drive change management activities, training, and communication plans to institutionalise strong internal controls
- Partner with IT to implement and monitor comprehensive plans for SOX oversight of relevant IT systems, to provide reasonable assurance around related control implications
- 10years+ Sarbanes Oxley experience, ideally with SOX implementation experience at a corporate head office function.
- 5 years of audit or internal controls related experience or similar professional experience
- Strong understanding, expertise and experience in PCAOB standards, SOX and COSO Framework and ideally US GAAP
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing internal audit projects, conducting risk assessments, operational auditing and executing Internal Control audits
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment; demonstrates sense of urgency and should be results driven
- Strong project management skills and able to work independently and effectively within a team environment
- Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Associate Director | Accountancy & Finance