- JN -022023-1925406
- Feb 08, 2023
Credit Underwriter | Dublin | Hybrid | Permanent
An excellent opportunity for a Credit Underwriter to join a market-leading automotive financial services team. The Credit Underwriter will play a crucial role in the running of the Underwriting Department. The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include making credit decisions on potential customers for the company, and must possess strong analytical skills to have the ability to make credit decisions under pressure.
- Underwrite motor finance applications (both leasing and hire purchase) within a delegated underwriting authority.
- Control the quality of the business approved by ensuring retail policy, procedures and guidelines are being adhered to.
- Proactively monitor and review credit policy on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and potentially implement process and system improvements for the fleet and retail business in line with continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Make recommendations on applications above delegated underwriting authority and present to team management.
- Prepare credit applications with recommendations above delegated underwriting authority and present to the credit committee.
- Where necessary contact dealers and / or customers to maximise information capture.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally to promote credit policy whilst maximising new opportunities.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Financial Services qualification or equivalent desirable but not a necessity.
- Leaving Cert standard.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- 3 yrs minimum Underwriting experience (Motor Finance).
- Professional/ technical knowledge/analytical thinker.
- Knowledge of motor sales whilst not essential would be beneficial.
- Computer skills knowledge of MS Office products; MS Excel intermediate
- Language skills Fluency in English (written and spoken).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Consultant | Banking & Financial Services Recruitment