- BBBH769662 Dec 16, 2020 €50k - €70k
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Automation Engineer to lead, manage and develop a technical group of engineers.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager (Operations), this role is accountable and responsible for management of the Automation Engineering group, supporting Operations and contributing to the development and implementation of the business manufacturing strategy.
The primary focus of the role is to lead, manage and performance-manage the Automation Engineering group. However, there is also a key element of Continuous Improvement and projects and New Product Introduction management.
- Education - minimum education requirement is a National Diploma or Trades'/Crafts' in a relevant suitable Engineering subject, e.g. mechanical, electrical, electronics, industrial automation or instrumentation. It is highly desirable and advantageous to have a primary degree (minimum level 7) in a similar Engineering discipline.
- Experience - at least 10 years' experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment, preferably in a pharmaceutical, medical device or food/beverage environment with a good understanding of the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Strong prior experience of people performance management and management of engineering and cross-functional and inter-disciplinary teams.
- Strong prior experience and knowledge of project management, sufficient to successfully manage and/or participate in Continuous Improvement and New Product Introduction projects. Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments and levels of employees.
- Demonstrated ability to deal constructively and pro-actively with internal customers (e.g. Operations, Global Engineering etc.) and external customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks; must be data-driven, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, especially Word and Excel and Enterprise/Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (EAMS/CMMS). It is desirable to have prior working experience of enterprise computer systems such as Success Factors, SAP, time and attendance systems etc.
- Working knowledge and experience of industrial control systems using a variety of IPC- and PLC-based platforms including Allen Bradley & Siemens, as well as robotics. It is desirable to have a working knowledge of Industrial Networks (Ethernet IP, Control Net, Fieldbus & Profibus), MES systems, data harvesting and historians.
- Working knowledge of industrial automation including assembly pick-and-place, robotics, vision system (especially Cognex and Insight), coding and scanning systems and RFID Automatic Identification and Data Capture.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with Commissioning, Qualification and Validation (CQV) and Computer Systems Validation (CSV) processes, sufficient for the role holder to be able to critically review and approve CQV/CSV documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to travel as may be required to execute the role, including equipment acceptance trials, short-term secondments etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership, management and performance management of a technical group including lead engineers, engineers and technicians. The training, development, motivation and management of the technical group to become a high-performing team, and to work with other teams, is a is a primary focus of the role.
- Management and co-ordination of day-to-day support activities, resolution of day-to-day issues to ensure that manufacturing equipment is running at optimum.
- Work and interact closely with peer engineering managers to be aware of any issues affecting the Building.
- If required, to act as a single Engineering point of contact for Operations to account for all Engineering activities within the building, including Injection Moulding and Facilities issues.
- Develop systems and procedures as required, being cognizant maintaining alignment with site-wide Engineering standards and ways of working.
- Identification and/or management of Continuous Improvement and New Product Introduction projects.
- Identify resource needs from within the team or externally and ensure that the project can be successfully resourced and implemented.
- Delegate the project to a site, peer or global group as appropriate.
- Ensure that the project meets the commercial and regulatory requirements of the business.
- Establish and manage project teams, identifying deliverables, time and cost, setting priorities and reporting to meet the needs of the business and the customer.
- Manage equipment suppliers ensuring delivery meets specification, cost and time.
- Install new equipment with appropriate training and hand over to operations.
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategy to meet customer and Tech Group Europe needs.
- Work with all departments across the business to ensure that new processes meet their requirements.
- Identify, specify and introduce new manufacturing methods and opportunities into the company.
- Represent Tech Group Europe at customer meetings to ensure that the needs of the business are met.
- Assist with the training and development of personnel at all levels of Tech Group Europe on new processes or systems introduced to the company.
- Ensure that the procedures and systems are in place to facilitate the introduction of new processes and equipment.
- Take the role of technical expert in the field of automated manufacturing processes and develop the understanding and competency of the business to meet the requirements of customers.
- Identification and development of talent to include performance management and succession planning
- Coaching / development of the employees using development and retention plans as appropriate.
- Act in accordance with the company's Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the role's direct manager.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300