Supplier Quality Engineer - Medical Device
- BBBH772574 Jan 04, 2021 Competitive
If you are looking for a company with a Global reach where you can step up, be held accountable and be supported in your career goals then this is the company for you
A World leading Medical Device Manufacturer is on the lookout for an Experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their Cork team on a permanent basis. This role will work alongside the Global team. If you are looking for a company where you can step up, be held accountable and be supported in your career goals then this is the company for you.
About this role
- Responsible for quality performance of CMO's.
- Responsible for engaging suppliers to proactively reduce risk to patient and revenue streams.
- Responsible for partnering with Supplier Engineering and Commercial Sourcing to meet category strategic plans and objectives.
- Drives improvement and corrective action for the quality of materials sourced from outside suppliers.
- Provides technical and quality system support for the selection of suppliers. Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
- Help assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities.
- Partnership with supplier on process improvements for capability, reduction in risk, single point failures, etc.
- Builds partnerships across the organisation.
- Pro-actively communicates effectively and meets supplier/customer or team needs.
- Communicates well in group settings with other departments or disciplines.
- Maintain and update Supplier Agreements, Complaint Management Plans, Finished Good Documents, Parts etc
- Lead supplier non-conformance investigations.
- Review Incoming Inspection failures and determine appropriate action.
- Lead supplier audits and provide guidance to suppliers.
- Approve local supplier quality procedures as document owner.
- Support the development & execution of supplier approvals/validations & monitor supplier performance.
- Review and implement changes where required from supplier change notifications.
- Maintain ASL (Approved Supplier List).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance
- 2-5 experience within Quality Assurance (ideally Supplier Quality)
- Demonstrated understanding of QSR and ISO standard requirements for Material/Purchasing Controls, Product Realisation, Validation and CAPA
- Lead auditor experience would be highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more click the 'apply now' or get in touch with Kellie on 021 2300 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org today
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Engineering Recruitment - Quality & Validation
353 (0) 21 2300300