- BBBH819010 Jun 14, 2022 Competitive
A perfect opportunity for a QA Officer to move away from the production floor and more into a management / leadership / customer focused role
I am delighted to be working alongside one of the leading food companies in West Cork. This business is recognised at a National level and is highly successful in what it does. This role reports into the Technical Manager and oversees a QA and QC team of 4 / 5. This is a great opportunity for someone who has been working in Quality in the Food Industry for the last few years and is looking to take a step up to leadership. You will be fully trained and supported by the technical manager, who has been with the business for 20 + years.
This company have an extensive product portfolio for their category and have some exciting NPD products also.
A bit more about the role;
- Managing the quality team.
- Ensuring the Food Safety and Quality System is implemented and adhered to.
- Ensuing compliance with supplier/retailer standards for own label products.
- Responsible for leading customer, regulatory and 3rd party audits.
- The quality and safety of all incoming material and the finished product.
- Managing, Instructing, Delegating and Guiding the Food Safety Team
- The calibration of all instrumentation, both plant and laboratory.
- Co-ordination of documentation control.
- Co-ordination of the Training programme and ensure all the team are educated in their relevant areas.
- Internal auditing, H.A.C.C.P. auditing and auditing the food quality and food safety management systems.
- Handling customer complaints.
- Management of non conforming product.
- Maintaining and updating all adequate records and documentation.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant legislation, food safety issues, industry codes of practice, retailer standards which are relevant to the business and markets being sold into and communicate same to factory management.
- Communicate with suppliers and review of same
- Inform brand owners (Technical Managers) of any issues in relation to their products.
- Responsible for overseeing pest control activities including trending of pest control data, signing off on reports, actioning any pest issues and shadowing the pest control staff.
Education & Experience:
- Ideally degree educated in one of the following areas: food science/quality control/microbiology.
- Experience working in an accredited food production plant including experience on quality systems and being involved in supplier site audits.
- Passionate about supporting, training and building a successful team around them.
- Have excellent communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Be respectful of other staff, work well as a team and work well alone.
- Be flexible - Normal working hours for this role are 8-4 or 9-5 but there may be, on occasion a requirement to work outside of this to support site.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or if you would like to find out more, reach out to Kellie O'Donovan today on 021 2300 300 or email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Engineering Recruitment - Quality & Validation
353 (0) 21 2300300