You are visiting this website from:
Skip to main content
- BBBH792491 Sep 07, 2021 Competitive
Excellent opportunity for a Lab Tech or recent graduate to join a well-known company in Cork. See below for more information and to apply today!
In partnership with our client, a well-established food company, a Lab Technician is now required to join their team in Cork on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will be fully trained in all key areas in the quality department.
- Working as part of a team in the busy environment of the lab carrying out finished product and raw material testing.
- Taking stock in the laboratory of supplies and weighing out ingredients
- Housekeeping and cleaning of the laboratory
- Water and chemical testing
- Contacting customers with out of specification results
- Carrying out data entry and trending micro results when required.
- Reporting any non-conformances to the Quality Team Lead
- Attending weekly quality meetings and highlighting any ongoing issues or nonconformances
- Calibration of laboratory equipment
- Assisting with customer and regulatory audits and visits
- Training of new staff when required
- Ordering equipment & materials when required
- Monitoring production and ensuring all quality and hygiene rules are implemented and followed.
- Trending hygiene audit data & creating reports.
- Completing hygiene audits, glass and hard plastic audits
- Carrying out any quality projects required: traceability & mass balance, updating & maintaining manuals & folders at the request of the Quality Team Lead.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Food Science & Technology or equivalent.
- Strong Microsoft word and excel skills.
- Strong communication skills, teamwork skills and must be able to take initiative.
- Experience of 1+ years in laboratory/quality work is an advantage however full training will be given
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300