- BBBH768617 Dec 22, 2020 Competitive
Financial Accountant Role with a global tech company based in Cork with an immediate start. This is a perfect opportunity for a newly qualified Big 4 Accountant
The organisation we are recruiting for is currently looking for a talented, result oriented and forward-thinking Accountant to join its expanding accounting team, based in Cork. This individual will be an exceptional accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment and will take an active role in monthly, quarterly and yearly close processes for group and statutory reporting purposes.
The successful candidate will need to have outstanding accounting skills, and be experienced with US GAAP and IFRS. He or she will be working cross-functionally and have regular interaction with key business partners.
In a fast-paced environment, the candidate will develop the accounting and controllership function for a number of subsidiaries and operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being a key participant in monthly close process and preparing various monthly / quarterly / annual deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs
- Preparing account reconciliations, journal entries, accruals and other documents necessary to support monthly close activities
- Actively participating in continuous improvement, standardization and re-engineering of processes and controls, and implementation of best practices
- Supporting on-boarding of new entities and activities, ensuring that all related accounting processes and controls are in place and launch ready
- Demonstrating strong technical accounting acumen to be able to conclude on accounting treatment, while clearly and concisely documenting the underlying analysis
- Actively participating in preparation of statutory accounts and driving supporting accounting activities
- Preparing data analysis and supporting schedules in connection with annual audits and coordinating with internal stakeholders and outside advisors
- Participating in cross-functional and cross-border projects
- Building strong working relationships with key business partners
- Being a strong team player, who can operate globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably gained within one of the Big Four firms and/or working for a medium to large international company in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of IFRS and working experience with US GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluent English being mandatory
- Experience with statutory compliance and regulatory requirements in Ireland, UK or one of the EMEA countries
- A self-starter with excellent analytical skills, able to dive deep into details yet see broader implications
- Proactive and results-driven, able to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Experienced ERP user, proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Other EMEA countries GAAP knowledge and multiple languages proficiency is an advantage
- ACCA, ACA, CPA or CIMA qualification
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Applications and Hyperion Essbase would be a plus
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced accountant with a global tech company, Morgan McKinley are working as hiring partner for this vacancy. Mark Stanton is the consultant managing this role. For more email firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300