Sample Strategy Manager Job Description
Who We Are
At Morgan McKinley, we never lose sight of the role we play connecting talent with opportunities to solve the problems of today and tomorrow. Every individual in our business strives to go beyond for our clients and candidates to provide expert advice and become the trusted partner of choice. Wherever you work in our business, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to continuously improve our service and deliver real value to our customers.
Together we go beyond.
We help organisations build their talent capability. Connecting people with opportunities.
Improving lives - Our People. Our Clients. Our Candidates.
- Always embracing change
- Always committed
- Always communicating
- Always building trust
In this role, you will be leading the strategic planning, planning and project management and cooperating closely with internal and external stakeholders to help deliver our key strategic business goals.
You will be working in the group strategy team consisting of a number of like minded and similarly qualified individuals, often ex-consultants, reporting into the Head of Strategy.
- Suggesting improvements to existing business strategies to drive growth
- Driving and overseeing the progress of multiple key strategic projects
- Supporting the preparation of strategic business cases and presentation materials
- Managing and contributing to strategic projects utilising problem solving frameworks
- Stakeholder management: building and nurturing strong advisory relationships with key external and internal senior stakeholders including influencing executives
- Defining problems and strategic solutions - scoping, analysing, preparing and presenting strategy checks
- Mentoring more junior team members
- Conducting strategic research
- Identifying issues, developing hypotheses and communicating insights and recommendations to key decision makers
- Providing active guidance to team members in the course of key strategic projects
- Developing an in-depth understanding of our business and external market forces
- Developing a reporting schedule of all Executive reporting Committees and designated Senate committees
- 4+ years’ tenure in a recognised strategy consulting business
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, and project management skills
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders and influence people of a diverse range of backgrounds
- Experience in applying strategic frameworks and tools for analysing strategic problems and developing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to establish credibility and strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Strong performance across a broad range of strategic engagements
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong academic record, Bachelor’s Degree qualified
- MBA qualified
Hiring a Strategy Manager?
Our specialised recruitment teams are drawing on over 30 years’ experience in finding the right candidates for your industry. We pre-screen and meet with candidates before matching them with your business so that you are presented with only the best of the best to choose from.Find Talent