Sample Management Accountant Job Description
Who We Are
At Morgan McKinley, we never lose sight of the role we play connecting talent with opportunities to solve the problems of today and tomorrow. Every individual in our business strives to go beyond for our clients and candidates to provide expert advice and become the trusted partner of choice.
Wherever you work in our business, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to continuously improve our service and deliver real value to our customers.
Together we go beyond.
We help organisations build their talent capability. Connecting people with opportunities.
Improving lives - Our People. Our Clients. Our Candidates.
- Always embracing change
- Always committed
- Always communicating
- Always building trust
In this role you will be taking full ownership of the financial aspect of our business unit. You will be responsible for the day to day commercial finance analysis as well as the alignment of stakeholders in regards to business unit performance.
You’ll be working within our Accounting & Finance team and directly reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Preparing month-end reports and journals
- Business partner with Senior Operational, Digital and Sales stakeholders
- Creating financial statements for internal and external business requirements
- Ownership for the budgeting and forecasting for the P&L
- Ensuring accurate consolidation of results, budgets and forecasts
- Analysing actual performance versus forecasts and budgets
- Support a wide ranging project initiatives
- Providing support in auditing projects
- Producing analysis packs based on group performance & presenting commercial information to senior management
- Overseeing benefits and compensation packages
- Ad hoc analysis (e.g. business case modelling)
- Ensuring the integrity of the general ledger and subsidiary systems.
- Providing commentary explaining the financial performance and MIS reporting
- 3+ years working as a Management Accountant or in a similar role
- Proficiency in the application of Australian Accounting Standards, techniques, concepts and practices
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and performing high level analysis of financial data.
- Analysing information, recommending and implementing solutions to management accounting issues.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the team objectives and business goals
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service and a “can do” attitude in a busy office and service environment.
- Large system experience such as Hyperion, Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP
- Qualified Accountant (CPA, CA or CIMA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Postgraduate tertiary degree in Accounting
Hiring a Management Accountant?
Our specialised recruitment teams are drawing on over 30 years’ experience in finding the right candidates for your industry. We pre-screen and meet with candidates before matching them with your business so that you are presented with only the best of the best to choose from.Find Talent