Being a ‘temp’ is the preferred way for many people to pursue their career and has a long and established global history as a way for companies to recruit.
We provide our temps with access to assignments in Ireland’s leading employers, comprehensive advice on career & compensation, updates on market trends and the opportunity to work closely with our market leading teams of consultants.
Why choose to be a Morgan McKinley temp?
Being a Morgan McKinley temp is a positive option for many individuals at certain points in their career, such as:
- When you want to change career path, industry or company, being an temp can help you gain experience in a new role or sector
- If you have experienced a career break such as when travelling
- If you want to work in the holidays while studying
- If you want to learn new skills or meet new people to expand your networking opportunities
- If you want more flexibility in your work to suit your personal life
- When you are looking for your next permanent position
- Being an Associate can often provide you with a professional edge and a wide range of skill sets only possible to achieve in the varied world of flexible working.
We compiled a list of frequently asked questions that you may find useful.
Why companies hire Morgan McKinley temps
Our temps are a key asset to companies and organisations throughout Ireland providing them with:
- Fixed period access to skills as and when required
- Cover for maternity leave or absences
- Additional cover for particularly busy periods of business
- The opportunity to gauge a candidate's potential suitability for a permanent position
Information for Morgan McKinley temps
We work with some of the largest and most professional companies in ireland. These companies continue to do business with us because of the service they receive. It is therefore important when working on an assignment that you remember the following:
- Commitment – When you work as a Morgan McKinley temp you become part of our client’s team and are therefore expected to make the same level of commitment that their permanent team do. Whether that be starting or finishing on time , the hours you work each week or getting approval before you take any time off (including holiday) it is important that you become an integral part of the team.
- Dress Code - Be mindful of the environment that you will be working in and ensure you dress appropriately. Check with your consultant as to what is expected of you.
- Flexibility - In some cases, flexibility with regard to your duties will be expected. Bear this in mind and be prepared to go the extra mile for the client. Both the client and Morgan McKinley will appreciate your dedication and you will be paid for all agreed additional hours that you work.
- Confidentiality - All information that becomes available to temporary staff during the course of an assignment must remain confidential.
- Our Guarantee - When we places you in an assignment, we guarantee to our client that you will be professional, have the necessary skill set for the role and will be focused and dedicated to your job. Similarly when we place you in an assignment, we guarantee competitive rates, a role that will be matched to your experience and expertise, and a team of consultants who will be available to help you with any query during the course of your assignment.
Register to become a Morgan McKinley Associate
Contact Morgan McKinley to arrange an interview with one of our consultants in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Waterford or Kilkenny and bring along your CV, ID, PPS number and bank details.
I would like to recognise Morgan McKinley for the great service offered in the last couple of years. I am impressed by their professionalism, the ability to select the right candidates specific to our needs as well as the outstanding service attitude. Morgan McKinley consistently follows up with the hiring managers and the candidates in order to close any gaps while satisfying the needs from both ends. Both the managers and the candidates find it a very pleasant experience in the recruitment process. I look forward to working with your company to fulfill our recruitment needs in coming years. Thank you.Read More
Assistant Vice President | Manulife International Limited
I have worked with Morgan McKinley’s Accounting and Finance recruitment team for 7+ years and I can say that they are the best recruiters that I have worked with in my 20 year career. I will rarely engage other recruiters because I know they have their clients’ best interests at heart.Read More
VP of Finance | Blackhawk
The candidates provided by Morgan McKinley for positions within IT and Business Transformation are always excellent. In addition to finding candidates who are technical, extremely competent they look outside Australia for the relatively scarce competency that I need. Our consultant has taken the time to get to know both myself and the organisation I work for. They have grasped our culture and only send candidates who will be a good fit. This considerably reduces the cycle time to fill placements, and reduces the effort required on my part to do so.Read More
Head of Process Excellence | Vodafone
Morgan McKinley focus on understanding us, our requirements and our culture. Genesis Automation work with various members of the Morgan McKinley team and each member goes above and beyond to deliver high quality candidates and are always professional and pleasant to deal with’Read More
HR Manager | Genesis Automation
We’ve recently partnered with Morgan McKinley as part of our preferred suppliers and have found the service provided so far to be excellent. For me, one of the key characteristics to any successful partnership is communication and we’ve found them extremely proactive and helpful in helping us to recruit some strong people that fit with our culture and make up of our organisation. Regardless of what consultant you deal with, they all provide a sense of urgency and professionalism in looking after our requirements. I look forward to working with them in the futureRead More
HR Business Partner | UDGHealthcare
Working with Morgan McKinley is exactly what you want as a hiring manager. They take the time to truly understand what you're looking for in a candidate and only put people forward who are relevant, qualified and interested in the opportunity at hand. They are the only agency I've ever engaged with where I've hired the very first candidate they've put forward. I highly recommend working with Morgan McKinley for your recruitment needsRead More
Co-Founder | Workvivo
Recruiting staff can be a time consuming and arduous process. Morgan McKinley and our dealings with their consultant were refreshing and showed a more professional and structured approach to finding the right candidate. Their attention to detail was not just ensuring candidates have the required skill sets but also ensuring a candidates personality would fit well within our firm and office. I would warmly recommend Morgan McKinley to firms recruiting technologists in the finance sector.Read More
Technology Group | Asia Pacific
Morgan McKinley’s Accounting and Finance team has been a valuable recruitment partner. I found their insights around the market in terms of skills in finance and what other companies are doing in certain roles and structures in finance to be very useful and helpful in putting the competency skills set for different roles.Read More
Head of Finance | McDonald's