City of London
- BBBH794261 Sep 28, 2021 £95k - £100k
Hands on Head of Tax role for a leading media group with global responsibility across both direct and indirect taxes. This will include management of a team of 2 tax specialists.
This is a a fully involved Head of Tax role with one of the leading media groups in London. Leading a small team of three tax specialists, the successful candidate can expect to be quite "hands on" in managing the global tax affairs across the group. This will include assuming responsibility for the group's tax compliance obligations across all the jurisdictions in which it operates, managing the Group's global tax risks and adherence to tax strategy and policy, and providing tax advice to the Group around large projects and transactions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Oversight of both the UK corporation tax compliance and UK indirect tax compliance processes with support from the VAT Manager and Assistant Manager, reviewing the returns to ensure that they are submitted on a timely and accurate basis.
- Working with external providers to ensure the smooth running of the overseas compliance for both direct and indirect taxes.
- Forecasting the UK group's corporation tax payment position
- Managing the group's relationships with external advisors and overseas tax authorities in the jurisdictions they operate, responding to tax audits and enquiries in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the Group complies with withholding tax obligations and oversight of the annual R&D tax claim
- Pro-actively seeking out opportunities to minimise tax risk through process improvement and ensuring that appropriate systems, processes and and controls to ensure the group complies with its obligations.
- Ensuring the Group complies with local Transfer Pricing obligations and maintains strong documentation
- Advising on the tax implications of new investments
The ideal candidate will need the ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including other departments, advisors and tax authorities. They will have a keen eye for detail, looking for opportunities for process improvement, tax savings, deferrals and risk mitigation across all taxes. They will have full responsibility for the group's global tax position as well as a team of two tax specialists.
They will need to have:
- Strong commerical tax knowledge, ideally across direct and indirect taxes
- Awareness of International taxes including transfer pricing.
- Experience of working in-house preferably in a standalone tax role or in a larger/medium sized organisation
- Qualified accountant or tax professional - ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant - Taxation | Tax
+44 (0)20 7092 0030