- BBBH778472 Mar 24, 2021 £80k - £100k
City firm has a newly created role for a Director or Partner seeking a new challenge in overseeing the Audit function of this city firm.
Job Title: Head of Audit & Accounts
Location: London (with role-dependant hybrid working)
My client is an independent accounting, tax and business advisory firm based in the City of London.With over 90 years of history behind it, over the last decade the firm has undergone a transformation to become the dynamic and highly respected advisory firm it is today. The firm is a trusted adviser delivering valuable advice of the highest standard.
Acting for a diverse range of clients who operate in a multitude of sectors both in the UK and Internationally including, but not limited to, property, fintech, media and entertainment.
This is a newly created role elements of both chargeable and non chargeable work
- Oversee the Audit & Accounts Department
- Take ownership of larger client audits to ensure an excellent level of professionalism and experience is applied to this chargeable work (approx 35% of the role)
- Signing off audit reports (RI status already established is desirable but not essential)
- Lead the department in establishing the firm's Ausit team as an 'Audit Centre of Excellence'.
- Design and implement Auditing and Accounting training protocols
- Oversee, develop and manage audit and accounts Trainees on their career path to becoming Seniors
- Manage Supervisors within the department, ensuring their roles are defined, optimised and impactful, as well as providing them with development opportunities
- Manage the performance of the department in terms of WIP, billing and chargeable time, engendering a commercial approach across the entire department
- Take ownership (with HR assistance) of all recruitment within the department, to include trainee/graduate recruitment
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects such as the implementation of the next generation audit software
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Registered Responsible Individual with ICAEW (desirable not essential)
- ACA or ACCA qualified
Experience and skills
- Substantial experience at Senior Manager or Director level
- Previous experience managing projects and implementing new systems, such as audit software
- IFRS, SRA and Charity or other regulated audit work exposure
- Previous management and training experience essential
- Natural coaching style
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and with clients
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant, External Audit and Outsourcing recruitment Big 4 and Mid Tier firms
+44 20 7092 0035