- BBBH775505 Feb 11, 2021 Competitive
Global Asset Manager seeks a Senior Manager level Counterparty Risk manager as part of their expanding Investment Risk oversight function.
The primary function of the role is to support the oversight on Counterparty risk across the asset manager's global fund ranges.
The individual will be expected to focus on the implementation of the Fund Counterparty Risk Frameworks across regions and improving existing processes, working closely with colleagues in the 1st and 2nd Line. The role will cover a diverse range of asset classes and products, including cash, derivatives and securities lending.
The individual will be expected to work effectively as part of a matrix organisation.
- Support the implementation the risk and governance framework for the oversight of counterparty risk in general, and product-specific frameworks in particular (e.g. Securities Lending).
- Prepare risk reports and presentations for Boards and Risk Committees, identifying and implementing any areas for improvement in quality and efficiency.
- Assist with the coordination of the Fund Derivatives & Counterparty Risk Committee, and any ad-hoc escalation of material issues to senior management.
- Work closely with technology and support teams to implement material improvements to the counterparty risk reporting architecture and capabilities, including requirements specifications.
- Assist with any ad hoc projects including client RFPs.
- To develop and maintain a strong external professional network to keep abreast of external developments and ensure they are introduced to the organisation as and when appropriate. This includes attending Industry Forums
- To establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders in 1st and 2nd Lines.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Solid experience of asset management or financial services firm.
- Understanding of the key aspects of investment risk in fund management - previous experience of counterparty risk preferred but not a strict requirement.
- Good understanding of derivatives and their associated risks.
- The ability to work independently, within limited management supervision and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and senior management.
- Quick learner and keen to develop, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a solution focused mindset.
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards including attention to detail.
- Strong skills in Excel, experience with VBA/ macros preferred; PowerBI/ Tableau would be a plus.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
+ 44 20 7092 0103