The legal offering of a Big 4 Accountancy firm is growing their Manchester team and looking to hire an ambitious 1-3 PQE corporate lawyer to join their fully integrated multi-disciplinary practice
About the role:
The Legal offering of this Big 4 firm is a disrupter in legal services, offering legal advisory services combined with new law and technology driven offerings, and multi-disciplinary solutions, within a leading global professional services firm. Its global network comprises over 2700 lawyers in 80+ jurisdictions.
The successful candidate will have an appropriate level of corporate experience, which may include M&A, equity investments and joint ventures, equity incentive arrangements, corporate structuring and international business reorganisations.
The role will involve:
* working as part of a team to provide corporate legal advice on a broad range of client solutions spanning corporate structuring and reorganisations, M&A, equity investments, joint ventures and equity incentive arrangements, in each case, on a domestic and cross border basis
* building relationships with other teams and clients to develop and provide multi-disciplinary solutions
* project managing and driving projects to conclusion
* an entrepreneurial self-starter
* commercially minded and keen to become a more rounded business adviser
* a driven and proactive team player who enjoys working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
* a relationship builder who can spot and develop new opportunities and client relationships
* strong technical knowledge
* intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
It is expected that the successful applicant will be an qualified solicitor with between 1 and 3 years' PQE, gained in the UK at a reputable firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered). Strong academic, technical, and personal skills are essential.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate his/her experience on transactions. Strong project management skills are a must. It is advantageous if applicants are able to demonstrate experience of coordinating the provision of advice and the production of complex and interrelated legal agreements and documentation by advisers in multiple jurisdictions. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues, he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a desire to develop these skills further. He/she will help promote the team's work through participating in team and firm events and giving internal presentations.
How to apply for the role:
If you think you may be the right fit for this role, please send your CV to Pippa Campbell (In-House Legal Lead) to firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call on 020 7092 0133.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.