- BBBH775680 Mar 19, 2021 Competitive
Exciting Legal Counsel role working for a company in the luxury UK holiday market sector: 5-10 years PQE 'Generalist' Solicitor Sought
This Legal Counsel will play an important role in supporting the growth of the business and will be a
member of the Leadership Team, reporting into the Chief Finance Officer. This role will also be supported by a
Legal Assistant. As this is a relatively new role for the company, the Legal Counsel will have the ability to shape and
Candidate's key responsibilities include:
- Member of the Leadership Team responsible for implementing the strategy and business plan.
- Responsible for managing the legal budget.
- Commercial: working closely with the Commercial Director on product development and partnerships and supporting all business functions with commercial contract production and management.
- Operations: Operational support for the customer-facing teams in dealing with day-to-day issues and complex complaints. Previous experience in this area is essential to this role.
- Company Secretarial: The company is not listed but has adopted best practice standards for company secretarial matters. This role will be responsible for all aspects of Board operations (previous experience is preferable but not mandatory).
- Marketing: Supporting the Marketing function with digital strategy implementation e.g., new website development and general marketing partnership agreements.
- Planning: The company has a separate Planning function which is responsible for planning matters and property development and management but this role may provide any additional legal support necessary for more complex matters e.g., planning disputes (planning expertise is not essential).
- Corporate: This role will be responsible for supporting corporate matters but will have access to external legal advice.
- Property: Supporting the Chief Financial Officer on Park Acquisitions and Disposals and the Operations team on any day-to-day property matters.
- Employment: Supporting the HR Director and team with ongoing employment matters with support of external legal support (as necessary).
- Data Protection: support the data controller in managing all aspects of data collection, processing, storage, and ongoing customer-facing matters.
- Litigation: managing external counsel, this is not a major aspect of this role.
- Line Management of the Legal Assistant.
Candidate's qualifications and requirements:
- 5-10 years PQE (UK Qualified) with private practice trained experience (at a respected law firm)
- Wide ranging inhouse experience is preferable
- Commercial outlook and non-legalistic approach essential
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced growth environment and comfortable with change, experience in an agile organisation would be beneficial.
- Sector knowledge would be beneficial but is not essential, experience in a B2C/digital environment is more important
Please send your CV to Pippa Campbell, Legal Recruitment Consultant at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Recruitment Consultant (Legal) | Solicitor
+44 (0)20 7092 0133